This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
JetBlue recently announced that they are planning on reintroducing their rewards program as a result of feedback from their travelers. From JetBlue, the re-designed TrueBlue program is a more rewarding and flexible program with lots of benefits for you. For example, you will earn points based on dollars spent on JetBlue flights rather than segment length flown.
Here are some of the highlights regarding the revamped program:
- No blackout dates.
- Points in the new program will no longer expire as long as you have purchased at least one JetBlue flight or have eligible activity with the JetBlue Card from American Express within last 12 months from the last JetBlue flight or eligible purchase with the JetBlue Card from American Express.
- If you have not earned a TrueBlue Award by the time the program relaunches, you will be able to use the points you earn in the new program and convert them back into old TrueBlue points in order to get to an Award.
- Old TrueBlue points will continue to expire according to their original expiry date.
- TrueBlue Awards or TruePasses will remain valid until the expiration date listed on the TruePasses or Awards (12 months from issuance).
- You will need at least 5,000 points to earn an Award for a oneway flight. The number of points required to redeem an Award flight will vary according to the flight chosen; for example, some flights may require more than 5,000 points depending on your choice of destination, day of the week, time of year and how far in advance you are booking your flight.
- Earning of points on JetBlue is based on the base fare paid for JetBlue flights and eligible fees, less taxes and non-eligible fees. You earn three (3) points for every dollar spent. You will earn an additional three (3) points per dollar spent if you book on jetblue.com. That means, for example, if you book a flight at jetblue.com you earn a total of six (6) points for every dollar spent. You can also earn three (3) points per dollar spent for JetPaws™ fees.
- Getaways and Cruise Vacation Packages will be eligible to earn TrueBlue Points on the base airfare purchase price for the flight portion of the Package. All other travel services or products purchased as a part of such vacation packages, including but not limited to, hotels, rental cars, and cruises, shall be ineligible for TrueBlue point accrual.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.