This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
Marriott just sent me a promotion for 50,000 bonus points after 25 paid nights by January 15, 2010. While this offer is tempting since I like to stay in Ritz Carlton hotels (Marriott members can redeem Marriott points in Ritz Carlton hotels), the current Starwood 1,000 points per stay promotion and Hyatt’s 2500 points per stay promotions I think offer better value.
Consider 25 stays at a Hyatt vs Starwood vs Marriott given the current promotions.
Marriott (25 Stays) = 50,000 bonus points + spending = (25 nights) + (0 Platinum Amenity x 25 nights)
I believe the obvious choice is Hyatt since given their award chart you can book 5 nights in their top tier hotel. If you go with the SPG promo you can book 1 night hotel in their top tier. If you do choose the Marriott promotion you can expect to earn enough for 1 night in a Ritz Carlton or 1 night in their top tier hotel.
Promotion From Marriott Website
Register to earn up to 50,000 MegaBonusSM points with Marriott Rewards®
Suddenly, a whole new world opens up with Marriott Rewards® MegaBonusSM. Sign up now to earn 35,000 MegaBonus points when you stay a total of 20 paid nights, plus 15,000 additional MegaBonus points when you stay a total of 25 paid nights.
That’s a total of 50,000 bonus points. It’s that easy to earn more toward a dream vacation with Marriott Rewards.
Follow these steps and you’ll be on your way:
Register: By selecting the red “Register” button to the right, or by calling 1-888-MARRIOTT (627-7468).
Stay: At any of more than 3,000 participating Marriott® hotels from September 15, 2009, through January 15, 2010, and pay with your Visa® Card.
Earn: 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, and an additional 15,000 after 25 total paid nights, for a total of 50,000 MegaBonus points.
Terms and Conditions
- Registration is required by October 31, 2009.
- Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion will earn MegaBonusSM rewards for qualified stays made between September 15, 2009, and January 15, 2010, at a participating Marriott® property and payment is made with a Visa® Card.
- This offer is non-transferable.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
- Participating brands worldwide include: Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard® by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn® by Marriott®, Residence Inn® by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites® by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites® by Marriott®, and Marriott Vacation ClubSM International
- Visit MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus, call 1-888-MARRIOTT, or your local Marriott Rewards Guest Services office for complete details.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.