This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
I was playing golf with a friend this weekend and he asked me what I thought was the easiest way he can get to Europe in Business or coach for the lowest cost. He and his fiance have 43k SkyPesos so they needed a lot of help to get to Europe next summer.
There are a few options, but the easiest one I mentioned was for he and his future bride to sign up for the American Airlines card from Citi. If they each sign up that will yield 75k miles per card per person. Since you can each sign up for 2 credit cards (Business and Personnel), you’ll earn 150k per person in bonuses alone plus spend on the card. Everything you need to know is in this Flyertalk post. Once they have the AA miles the options are great for AA, Liberia, or BA flights across the Atlantic.
I recently took advantage of the personal card (already have the business card). I spent the required amount in a few weeks between Lowes and Home Depot thanks to a home renovation. The miles posted before I even received the statement in the mail.
AA Card Offer Details
- 75,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,500 in purchases within the first 6 months of cardmembership1 — enough for select round-trip international travel awards
- $85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*
- Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases
- No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier
- AAdvantage® miles may never expire
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.