This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Marriott’s MegaBonus registration is open for 2012. Loyalty Traveler posted the promotion yesterday. I didn’t get the free night offer he mentioned. Instead, I received an offer from Marriott for up to 40,000 points.
How To Register
- Register here by March 31, 2012
- Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights + 15,000 points after 20 paid nights — up to 40,000 bonus points
- Stay at a participating hotel from February 1, 2012 through April 30, 2012
- Terms and conditions here
- Other offers include free night, up to 50,000 bonus points, or 5,000 bonus points after every paid stay
My Marriott MegaBonus is basically 2,000 points per night bonus after 20 stays. While I would have preferred the 5,000 bonus points per stay it is unclear if that offer has an upper limit to the promotion.
My award travel in 2012 makes the Marriott offer more attractive to me than the Hilton promotion of 1,000 per night for week nights. But the Marriott offer is not as good as Hilton’s for a weekend night since I would earn 5,000 Hilton points on weekend stays.
Everything else being equal I would probably choose SPG’s double and triple night promotion over this one. But I think we’ll want to stay on a Ritz Carlton award stay this year and I’m running a relatively low Marriott balance at 180k so this could help me get to an award level with Marriott that I cannot currently meet. I do have plenty of Starwood, Hilton and Hyatt points for my planned award stays this year. Hyatt can still tip the scales once they announce their promotion.
Other 1st Quarter Hotel Promotions