This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Starwood is offering a reward for guests returning to their hotels after a long period of inactivity. You can earn 2k-4k bonus points, 25% off an award up to five nights, or a $25 Amazon gift card. Reader Kathy K received this offer after a 3 month hiatus from Starwood properties. Kathy runs a travel blog from a runner’s perspective called WillRunForMiles. It is a cool way to learn about travel from a runner that has run marathons in all 50 states. Back to the SPG promotion, the details are below.
How To Register
- Register your SPG number through this link to see if you qualify for a rewarding return gift
Promotion Details – “We Miss You Select A Reward For Your Next Stay”
- Stay at an eligible SPG property from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012
- Earn 2,000 bonus points after 1 eligible paid stay
- Earn 1 $25 Amazon gift card after 1 eligible paid stay
- Earn 1 25% off an award certificate after 1 eligible paid stay
- Mention code 80c to an SPG agent if you select this option
- Valid up to category 5 hotels
- 25% off award stay will count toward elite status qualification
- Up to five night stay
- Potential value of 16,000 points off a 5 night award at category 5 hotels (16k * 4 nights = 64k * 25% = 16k savings)
I tried to register but didn’t qualify for this promotion. Probably because I stay at SPG properties too much. Almost reminds me of the Delta status promotions but is not on the same level. I think the SPG rewarding returns promotion is a great incentive for guests to return to the program without devaluing existing member loyalty.
This promotion is awesome and would help me return to SPG quicker than other hotel chains. I would definitely go with the 25% off an award certificate. Make sure to check your eligibility for this return promotion. It could be worth 16,000 points.