This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
The St Regis branding uses to the term ‘Bespoke’ to describe their service. Admittedly I had to look up what that actually meant, but now that I know I’d say they are correct. The entire stay was incredible from start to finish but three standout acts of bespoke service from the staff helped distinguish this resort as one of my favorites and helped our family celebrate exactly what we wanted, our new family addition. This trip will be the subject of many a reminisced family discussion.
- American Airlines Flight and Marriott Kauai Resort
- Exploring Lihue
- St Regis Princeville
- Exploring Kauai’s North Coast
With my 13 free resort nights to burn, I reserved seven nights in one room and six nights in another for the family. One of the rooms was upgraded to a Prince Junior Suite compliments of being a Platinum SPG member. This is the highest upgrade a Platinum will receive at this resort, barring any special circumstances. This post on Flyertalk does a great job documenting the details of the Prince Junior Suite itself so I will spare you my grainy cell phone pictures. They offered to upgrade the other room after the third night as well, but moving the little one’s stuff around was not worth the effort. Plus, how can you really walk away from a room with a view like this!
First Act of Bespoke Service
As mentioned, my new niece was really the focal point of this trip. From the second we arrived at the resort, the St Regis began delivering on their ‘bespoke’ service claims. We were greeted on arrival with Lei’s and fresh juice. Beautiful fresh flower Lei’s for the ladies, wooden variations for the men. The first act of bespoke service came as they presented little B with her very own wooden lei specifically sized for a baby. The floral version would have gone straight to the mouth.
This is probably the most room-agnostic resort I have ever been in. It really doesn’t matter what room you get. The drive in, the lobby, the pool, the view of every room overlooks the movie-inspiring Hanalei Bay. In any direction you look, you begin to count waterfalls along the mountain. We took no more enjoyment from the suite than we did the “average” room. Trust me when I say you won’t spend too much time looking back into your room with views like this out your window!
Second Act of Bespoke Service
A few hours after check in, the St Regis performed its second act a bespoke service. As we were enjoying the pool area, they brought over little B her very own high quality plush seal stuffed animal. She absolutely loved this toy as evidenced by the smile.
Third Act of Bespoke Service
The third act of bespoke service was provided during evening turndown service one night. The housekeeping staff came in the evening as they normally do to refresh the room. They noticed little B sleeping in her crib and performed their service quietly as she slept. Without saying a word or shooting over a grin, they left this special treat for her when she woke.
The resort itself is gorgeous. I frequently see the St. Regis Princeville Resort atop lists of where the stars hang out and rightfully so. (J.Lo was starting her stay as we ended ours) I’ll let the pictures do the talking. Here are few shots we took of the grounds.
Outdoor Dining Area
Another View from the Resort Grounds
Miscellaneous Notes about the Resort
- They do not charge a Resort Fee but every car must be valeted at 25 dollars per night. There is no self-park option.
- There is no real Platinum benefit other than the 500 point check in bonus and/or an in room movie.
- As a Platinum, expect the Prince Junior Suite to be your highest upgrade potential.
- For you coffee nuts out there, there is 10% Kona grounds for the in-room coffee maker. 100% Kona coffee is delivered complimentary for those in the suites. It is a room amenity as opposed to a status amenity.
- The St Regis Champagne sabering ceremony is just the ceremony. Champagne was not given out to guests as is the case in many other St Regis’.
- The best place to swim at the St. Regis is the pool. The St Regis (effectively private) beach has a shallow reef surrounding it. I would recommend selecting one of the many other spectacular North Shore beaches, such as Anini, for beach time.
- The new movie, The Descendants, was filmed at this resort.
The Bottom Line
The St Regis’ relentless attention to their guests desires is incredible. They were able to sustain this level of service over the entire seven night stay to the point where we were guessing what incredible act they would perform next. Combine the service with the surreal beauty of Kauai’s North Shore and you have a 1-2 punch that makes this resort a worthy competitor to any in the world.
Stay tuned for my final installment of the Kauai Trip report about the world-class activities available on the North Shore of Kauai.