This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
In this post I’ll share 8 reasons why I believe AA domestic First Class is superior to Delta’s First Class. I recently came clean to Delta about my rendezvous with American Airlines. Since I’ll be flying with AA more and more I learned how to get an upgrade to AA First Class as a gold and it has paid off so far.
What I Prefer About AA First Class
1) The Seat – The seat bottom slides out when reclined. In addition each seat back chair has head rests making it easier to get a good rest on long flights. Most Delta First Class seats do not have the head rests and have inconsistent leg room.
2) Power Adapters In Every Seat – Most first class cabins come with either an adapter port or a plug. This is a huge benefit for business travelers to arrive full charged. It is rare to find a domestic Delta First Class seat with a power plug unless you are on an internationally configured airplane.
3) Extra Trays For All Those Drinks – You’ll never have to worry about where to put your drink again. Delta does have extra drink holders on most planes but the middle drink holder is what really sets AA apart in this area.
4) Holes In Napkins – An adult bib for the messy eaters. I first learned about this neat idea while having steak and drinks at 35,000 feet.
5) Hot Nuts & Glenlivit – Hot nuts are served up in most domestic first class cabins. I’m torn a bit on the Glenlivit. I hear from Tommy777 that they only cater 2 Glenlivit bottles on every flight. When I asked for one on my flight today, they said that a gentleman had already laid claim to both bottles and offered me Dewers instead. When I passed a bottle of Glenlivit magically appeared.
6) Meals On Every Flight In First – Enough said.
7) Warm Cookies – The cookies were fresh and as warm as the hot nuts. Such a nice treat at 30,000 feet.
8 ) Champagne – Bravo American, music to my ears. Everyone likes bubbles!
What I Prefer About Delta First Class
1) Unlimited Domestic Upgrades For All Elite Tiers – Delta provides all of their elites, from Silver to Diamond, the chance to receive a complimentary upgrade to First Class. While initially I liked the thought of controlling my first class upgrade chances, I’m beginning to miss playing the gate lottery and having a chance without having to use upgrade instruments.
2) Unlimited Woodford Reserve – Delta doesn’t cap catering Scotch / Bourbon at just 2 bottles per kind of booze. My favorite Woodford reserve is bountiful in Delta’s First Class.
Did I miss anything Delta Points and AAdvantageGeek?
Sometimes little things make a big difference for a person who flies every week. Both Delta and American have great first class products however I’m starting to like the dAArkside.
Hat tip to my veteran seAAt mate who helped me write this blog post. Her mother was a Pan-American flight attendant so she knows what she is talking about.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.