Readers have called on me to release my returns for a while, so I’m releasing them just like Mitt Romney. But I’m not running for anything, except maybe just a mile or two. In an effort to provide transparency and allow readers to follow along as points and miles are earned, I’m releasing my points and miles returns at this point in time. Going forward I’ll continue to disclose major points and mile earning opportunities.
The points and miles game can yield big results. For example, in 2011, I redeemed a little over 1.7 million points and miles and earned about 857,000 points and miles.
Airline Returns Summary
Total Airline Miles = 700,600
- Alaska Airlines – 500 miles
- American Airlines – 320,000 miles from American Airlines credit card (card 1 and card 2), shopping portals and a few flights
- ANA Airlines – 100 miles
- British Airways – 74,000 miles left over from British Airways credit card offer
- Delta Airlines – 260,000 miles from flying Delta flights and Delta credit card
- United Airlines – 209,000 miles through 5,000 points per Hyatt stay promotion and 2,500 points per Hyatt stay promotion
- US Airways – 23,000 from 3,000 mile Avis car rentals
Hotel Returns Summary
Total Hotel Points = 816,000
- Hyatt – 244,000 points from head in beds
- Hilton – 254,000 points from head in beds
- Marriott – 201,000 points from head in beds and previously owned credit card
- Priority Club – 25,000 points from head in beds and 4,000 points per night promotion
- Starwood Preferred – 92,000 points from head in beds and current SPG Amex credit card
Flexible Points Returns Summary
Total Flexible Points = 115,000
If you find it difficult to track all of your points and miles, consider joining AwardWallet where you can track your miles and points for free. Also, if you sign up with our promotion code “pointsmilesandmartinis“, you’ll get a free upgrade to an AwardWallet Plus account.
*Points, Miles and Martinis will earn a referral fee for credit cards links in this post.