This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The Hyatt first quarter promotion offers a chance to earn up to 44k bonus Hyatt points through April 30th. This opportunity was too hard too pass up so I developed a strategy to max out the promotion and shared with you here on Points, Miles & Martinis. Since I was downgraded to Hyatt Platinum for the first time in over 5 years, I also decided double dip with a Hyatt Diamond challenge. I’ve made progress on both opportunities and so far I’m really enjoying seeing the bonus points hit my account.
Hyatt Diamond Challenge
The Hyatt Diamond challenge gave me all the benefits of Diamond status from the Hyatt Gold Passport program at the moment I started the challenge. The best part is the four Diamond confirmed suite upgrade awards were instantly applied to my account. I was able to use one of the suite upgrades at the Andaz 5th avenue during my challenge. The details of the challenge are below.
- The challenge is for a 60 day Trial Diamond offer
- You must complete 12 qualifying nights to maintain your Diamond Tier status through the following February
- Eligible nights must be completed at any Hyatt Hotel & Resort worldwide, Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites within 60 days of enrollment
- The challenge 60 day period will start on the date of your enrollment and only qualifying nights that are completed after your enrollment will be included
- Usually it takes 24 hours for your temporary Diamond Tier level to appear on your Gold Passport account
- You will also receive 1,000 bonus points on the first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 bonus points may be earned. Maximum one trial tier per member
- Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all stays during 60-day trial membership period when you chose points for your stay
- After you complete 12 eligible nights during our promotion period, Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays when you have chosen points for your stay
From my challenge to date, I’ve earned Hyatt Diamond bonuses along with the challenge 1,000 point bonus for the first 6 eligible stays. Here is a breakdown of my Hyatt Diamond bonuses as a result of the challenge. I’m still a few hotel nights short of the challenge, but should meet the challenge within the 60 day period.
- 1,000 points for the first six eligible nights = 6,000
- 1,000 Diamond amenity bonus for Diamond status hotel stays = 4,000
- 1,573 Diamond bonus (in addition to normal spend) for spend = 1,573
- Total Bonus Points From Hyatt Status = 11,573 Bonus Hyatt Points
Update On 44k Promotion
The Hyatt Possibilities promotion essentially awards members 44k points after a total of 16 stays. The promotion period is from February 1, 2012 through April 30, 2012. They give out awards on an incremental stay scale illustrated below.
- Earn up to 44,000 points by staying at Hyatt from February 1, 2012 through April 30th, 2012
- Earn a bonus for every four nights at a Hyatt
Stay 4 earn 4,000 points Stay 8 earn 8,000 points Stay 12 earn 12,000 points Stay 16 earn 20,000 points
- Must register by March 31, 2012
To date, I’ve been able to rack up 13 stays of the 16 required to max out the promotion. My promotion earnings to date are 24,000 Hyatt bonus points. I still have another 20,000 bonus points to earn with the remaining 3 stays.
Hyatt Trip Reports From Promotion & Challenge Strategy
Keep an eye out for upcoming trip reports from stays for the promotion and challenge.
- Hyatt 48 & Lex
- Hyatt Regency Jersey City
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
- Hyatt Louisville
- Hyatt Morristown NJ
- Hyatt House Morristown NJ
- Grand Hyatt New York
- Andaz 5th Avenue
I was hoping to add the Park Hyatt New York into the mix, but it looks like it doesn’t open until 2013.
Hyatt points are incredibly valueable to use for free nights, free suite reservations, or to even upgrade a paid reservation to a suite or club level room. While I still prefer Hyatt’s Faster Free nights promotions, the ability to earn 44k Hyatt points was to hard to pass up.
If you are looking for Hyatt points, consider using my strategy outlined here to earn additional points. Alternatively, you could look at the 40,000 bonus signup from Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and 50,000 singup bonus from Chase Ink Bold credit card, or the the Chase Ink Plus Business card which comes with a 50,000 bonus. I detailed here that Chase transfer partners include Hyatt. Chase Ultimate Reward points transfer to Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio.
*Points, Miles and Martinis will earn a referral fee for successful Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold applications through the link in this post
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.