This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Mother’s Day isn’t until May 13th, but American Express is offering an early Mother’s Day present. They are offering a fee free American Express gift card if you purchase using the special Mother’s Day promotion code. Gift cards can be purchased in amounts as little as $25 all the way up to $3,000. This promotion is valid through June 30 and will take off the purchase fee but does not cover the shipping and handling charges.
How To Purchase
- You can purchase the fee free gift cards over at American Express
- Make sure you use promotion code EMMOTCM1
Fee Free Gift Card Promotion
This Mother’s Day, May 13, let mom buy what she really wants with an American Express® Gift Card. Gift Cards can be used virtually anywhere, so she can use it for a spa day, a shopping trip or a night out.
And with so many unique designs, Gift Cards are a great way to personalize your gift and show her how much you care.
Terms And Conditions
- Discount is only valid on the Gift Card purchase fee
- Shipping and handling charges will apply
- Offer valid through June 30, 2012, and only for web orders
- To receive offer, must use an American Express Card to purchase
- Terms and conditions apply to Gift Cards. Fee-free promotion code intended for user presented with the offer and is not valid on Gift Card purchases made through partner sites
- Purchase must be made via the link provided with fee-free offer
- Offer valid only for web orders. Offers are subject to change without notice
- May be used at merchants in the U.S. that accept American Express® Cards
- Cannot be used at cruise lines, for recurring billing charges, at casinos, or ATMs. American Express does not ship Gift Cards to the states of HI and VT
American Express allows you to purchase a gift card from as little as $25 up to a $3,000. So I selected the $3,000 option and added it to my cart and made sure to add the promotion code during the check out process.
When Is This Offer Not Good
Saving $3.95 is great, but leaving 1.4% on the table to save such a small amount is not great.
The Big Crumbs website offers 1.4% cash back on gift card purchases. So if you are making a gift card purchase over $300, consider making the purchase through Big Crumbs instead, as the 1.4% cash back will exceed the $3.95 savings.
If you are making a smaller everyday purchase of $25 or $50, consider using the Mothers Day promotion code above to save the $3.95 fee.
This may be a good way to personalize a Mother’s Day American Express gift card and show her how much you care.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.