This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Delta is currently in the process of rolling out their new business class lie flat seat. We’ve been lucky enough to try these seats out for ourselves and are happy to share a few quick pictures and initial thoughts on the product. Don’t worry, a full report will come soon, even down to whether the napkins had holes or not.
The new seats are operated on certain 767 routes from the US to Europe.
Delta’s New Lie Flat Business Class Seat
The new business class seats are completely lie flat. Check out a few of the pictures for yourself.
Here are my initial thoughts.
- I’m a relatively tall guy, not giant, but at just over 6 feet, the lie flat seats are more comfortable than the old style craddle seats.
- The pillows are full size
- The blanket is a nice size and feels like a thick down material
- If you prefer to be very close to the window, the odd seats have the seat actually next to the window. The even seats have a small foot bin (for passenger behind the seat) between the seat and window
- As always, on even flight numbered flights the service starts from the front and on odd numbered flights the service starts from the back
- Those that like to curl up legs during lie flat position, may want to select an even window seat or even middle seat, as the aisles are not obstructed for those seats
- The Mulderbosch Savignon Blanc or the Chateu Beauregard Bordeaux are probably the wines to go with
The seats are great and I like them much better than the old craddle seats. But don’t take it from me. The 10 year old kid that sat in the seat to the left of me said “This is awesome!”
You can find the new lie flat business class product on the flights to LHR/FRA/MUC/MAD/BRU from all gateways as well as JFK to Moscow.