This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
US Airways has a limited time (potentially targeted) 90% bonus on purchased miles. You can purchase a business class fare to North Asia for only $1,881 through this promotion. This can be a great way to pick up enough miles for award tickets at a cost less than the market value of the tickets themselves.
How To Register
- You can register through this link
The total fee to purchase 50,000 miles (with 45,000 bonus miles) comes out to $1,881.25 including taxes and fees. You will receive a bonus 45,000 miles for a total of 95,000 US Airways miles after purchase.
- Purchase miles between May 1 – 15, 2012
- This 90% Bonus offer is exclusive to you and is available for purchases made between May 1 – 15, 2012, 11:59 MT
- This offer is non transferrable
- Bonus miles will be awarded upon completion of the transaction
- The maximum number of Buy miles that can be purchased by one member with this offer is 45,000 bonus miles
- All miles purchased beyond 50,000 miles will not be eligible for a bonus
- Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer
- Share and Gift transactions are not eligible for bonus. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus
- Miles are sold for $0.035 per mile plus a tax recovery charge of 7.5%. GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents
- Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status
- All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply
- Miles may be used based on award availability at the time of booking
- Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles. All purchases are non-refundable
This may be a targeted promotion so your experience may vary. But we are 100% successful for every person we tried this promotion with. Do you qualify for the promotion?
I’m never a fan of buying miles for buying miles sake. But you can get a business class ticket to North Asia (only 90,000 miles on partner airline), and can almost US Airways business class ticket to Europe (requires 100,000 miles) with this promotion. Not such a bad deal if you are staring at the barrel of a $4,000+ business class ticket to Asia.
How would you use the miles? Are there any better uses for the miles than a business class ticket to North Asia on a Star Alliance partner?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.