This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
US Airways has a limited time (potentially targeted) 90% bonus on purchased miles. You can purchase a business class fare to North Asia for only $1,881 through this promotion. This can be a great way to pick up enough miles for award tickets at a cost less than the market value of the tickets themselves.
How To Register
- You can register through this link
The total fee to purchase 50,000 miles (with 45,000 bonus miles) comes out to $1,881.25 including taxes and fees. You will receive a bonus 45,000 miles for a total of 95,000 US Airways miles after purchase.
- Purchase miles between May 1 – 15, 2012
- This 90% Bonus offer is exclusive to you and is available for purchases made between May 1 – 15, 2012, 11:59 MT
- This offer is non transferrable
- Bonus miles will be awarded upon completion of the transaction
- The maximum number of Buy miles that can be purchased by one member with this offer is 45,000 bonus miles
- All miles purchased beyond 50,000 miles will not be eligible for a bonus
- Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer
- Share and Gift transactions are not eligible for bonus. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus
- Miles are sold for $0.035 per mile plus a tax recovery charge of 7.5%. GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents
- Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status
- All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply
- Miles may be used based on award availability at the time of booking
- Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles. All purchases are non-refundable
This may be a targeted promotion so your experience may vary. But we are 100% successful for every person we tried this promotion with. Do you qualify for the promotion?
I’m never a fan of buying miles for buying miles sake. But you can get a business class ticket to North Asia (only 90,000 miles on partner airline), and can almost US Airways business class ticket to Europe (requires 100,000 miles) with this promotion. Not such a bad deal if you are staring at the barrel of a $4,000+ business class ticket to Asia.
How would you use the miles? Are there any better uses for the miles than a business class ticket to North Asia on a Star Alliance partner?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.