Bump Credit Card Bonus – 25k + $50 Credit From Chase United Card

This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.

Confirmations are coming in that Chase is bumping their United Mileage Plus Explorer Card offers up to 65,000 miles and a $50 statement credit. Yesterday Alex shared how he signed up for the United Mileage Plus Explorer Card from Chase and received a $50 statement credit along with the 65k offer.

If you have the Mileage Plus Chase card, a secure message to Chase may yield significant results.

Reader Response

Thanks for the United 65k offer info! With a simple secure message bump-up request to Chase last night, I got this gift in my inbox this AM…

Chase Secure Message Response

I am pleased to add the additional 25,000 miles to match the offer for 50,000 enrollment miles. You will see this adjustment on your next billing statement Also, we have applied a $50 statement credit to your account. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the credit to post to your account.

Bottom Line

It never hurts to ask. Sending a secure message to Chase asking them to bump the bonus on the United Mileage Plus Explorer Card may yield an additional 25,000 United miles and a $50 statement credit.

Sign up to have blog posts sent directly via email, join us on Twitter and Facebook or check back with us at Points, Miles & Martinis

Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.

About the author: The Weekly Flyer is writes about travel from a business traveler perspective. He travels the world every week accumulating points and miles along the way. Feel free to reach me at theweeklyflyer@gmail.com

• Matt June 20, 2012, 10:05 am

So if you don’t meet the minimum spend requirements is it 50,000 plus 5,000 for adding an authorized user? Or is it 65,000 after first purchase? I’ve read multiple posts about versions that they are all blending together!

• Matt June 20, 2012, 10:26 am

Also, my wife and I just got the British Airways Visa 3 weeks ago. Should I wait another month? 2 months?

Finally, do the bonus miles on this United card expire?

• David June 20, 2012, 12:47 pm

The best UA deal is 55K miles + $50 statement credit. The other 10K miles is for spending $25K, and not part of the first use (50K) or adding authorized user (5K) bonuses.

• Jane June 20, 2012, 2:12 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I sent a secure message and got the additional 25,000 mies. Love your blog and the information you share with all of us.

Jane

• James June 20, 2012, 3:04 pm

There actually is a great thread on FlyerTalk about this exact topic and provides the 65,000 mile screenshot and wording for the Chase message. I just submitted a secure message along with the screenshot and got bumped up to the higher 65,000 mile offer last week!

• murtuza June 20, 2012, 4:17 pm

Can I apply for this new united explorer card even if I have old united mileage plus card and get the bonus?

• Zeke June 20, 2012, 4:55 pm

I actually saw this promotion online yesterday. When I went outside to get my mail, voila: an actual snailmail invitation in my mailbox for 65K miles offer. Gonna try sign up for it soon.