This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
British Airways just sent me a promotion offering 30% Avios points with an Avios points purchase. The promotion runs from June 12 through August 2 and will award up to 30% bonus on purchased points. The promotion may be targeted so log into British Airways to check and see if you qualify for the promotion.
How To Purchase
- Navigate to the purchase miles section on British Airways website
- Check to see that you qualify for the 30% bonus offer
The more Avios you purchase between 12 June and 2 August 2012, the bigger the bonus we’ll give you – up to 30%.
- Purchase miles between June 12 and August 2
- Bonus up to 30% based on Avios points purchased
- Purchase 1,000 – 8,000 = 5% Bonus
- Purchase 9,000 – 16,000 = 10% Bonus
- Purchase 17,000 – 23,000 = 20% Bonus
- Purchase 24,000 = 30% Bonus
The Avios points cost varies depending on how much you purchase in this promotion. For this example let us assume you wanted to travel from Miami to Turks & Caicos in First class round trip. You’d need 27,000 Avios points total per person.
With this promotion, you would need to purchase 24,000 Avios points which would net you a total of 31,200 Avios points. The cost per person would be $685 + taxes and fees for a cpm of $0.0219.
Terms and Conditions
- Transactions must be completed between 12 June (00:00:01 GMT +1) and 2 August (23:59:59 GMT +1) 2012 to receive the Avios Points bonus
- Bonus Avios Points will be awarded to the recipient of the Avios Points
- All other Purchase Avios Points terms and conditions apply
- The Purchaser may cancel the purchase of the Avios Points in accordance with the Purchase Avios Points terms and conditions
- Any cancellations will also include the bonus Avios Points awarded under this promotion
- British Airways Plc reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion
Journey to most remote place on earth using British Airways miles (old BA program)
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.