This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Starwood is celebrating 75 years of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. They are promoting an offer to explore more and spend less with their properties in San Francisco.
This is one city we love to visit. We’ve stayed in several of their properties including the Palace Hotel, the W San Francisco, and the Westin St Francis. Each hotel has its own unique characteristics, but the W Hotel will remain special in our minds.
The W San Francisco (trip report) was our very first Starwood award redemption for a very special occasion. We flew across country with a connection in MSP, and were greated with an upgrade to a fabulous corner room overlooking the water.
The front desk agent even whispered that he had set up champagne and music to be playing when we arrived in the room. We had great treatment as a Platinum for our first award reservation.
Starwood’s Spend Less Promotion For Celebration
Starwood is advertising a promotion with special rates (hat tip WillRunForMiles) for each San Francisco property from June 19 through September 9, 2012. But I couldn’t find any rates at the advertised “celebration” rate, not even one.
I checked the hotel availability dates throughout the promotion period, but couldn’t get close to the advertised rate.
The rate for the fabulous corner room with the promotion was showing around $399 for most dates with a few getting into the low $300 range. But nothing even close to the advertised rate of $249.
Terms And Conditions
- Offer is valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts in San Francisco, please see participating property list
- Offer is valid for stays booked and completed between June 19, 2012 and September 9, 2012
- Book online today, call your travel professional, or call (866) 716-8145 and ask for the DAILY0 rate
- An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur
- Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes
- A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply
- Offer not applicable to groups
- Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors
- Void where prohibited by law
- Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time
- Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates
San Francisco is a great place to visit. We use it as a stopping point to and from wine country visits.
Unfortunately it isn’t easy to “spend less” with this promotion at Starwood properties in San Francisco during the promotion period. Just another “promotion” without real savings in my experience.
Were any of you able to find special rates using this promotion?