This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Emirates has partnered with AFAR Media, an experiential travel brand, to offer an experience to Johannesburg, South Africa. One lucky winner and a guest will travel in Emirates economy class from one of the 7 Emirates U.S. gateway cities. The experience is scheduled to visit Johannesburg, South Africa from October 8 to 11, 2012. You’ll get to experience the culture and learn history from the locals.
How To Enter
- Submit your information to the official Emirates entry page
- Must enter by by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on August 19, 2012
One winner and a guest will get the chance to experience Johannesburg with fellow passionate travelers.
- Exploring the township of Soweto, a vibrant and historically significant area that’s given the world two Nobel Peace Prize winners
- Engaging with locals at a home dinner
- Visiting the Apartheid Museum on a private guided tour
- Private access to the Wits Art Museum, featuring the works of South Africa’s hottest contemporary artists
- A farewell party in true African style with live music, dancing and authentic cuisine
Terms And Conditions
- Must be legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia age 18 or older at the time of entry
- The trip will consist of five (5) nights – one (1) room/double occupancy hotel accommodations
- Admission for winner and guest to the AFAR Experiences (“Event”)
- Plus two (2) round-trip Economy Class tickets to Johannesburg, South Africa on Emirates Airline
- Certain blackout dates may apply
- Random drawing will be conducted on or about 5:00 pm (ET) on August 27, 2012 at the offices of Ventura Associates International LLC, an independent judging organization (“judges”) whose decisions are final
- Winner and guest must travel on dates (currently scheduled for October 8-11, 2012)
- Departing/returning to any of the following seven (7) Emirates U.S. gateways: Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) or Washington, DC (IAD)
- Winner and travel companion must depart from and return to the same city, on the same itinerary with the same departure and return dates
- Official rules
One day I hope to win one of these travel giveaways just to prove people win them. Until then, I’ll keep signing up for them as they come up. This would be a good way to see South Africa for free.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.