This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Buying Delta SkyMiles doesn’t always make a lot of sense, especially at the prices they are sold at on Delta’s website. But during in some circumstances the 50% may make sense for an individual situation. Now through August 31, 2012, you can purchase SkyMiles and earn a 50% bonus on purchased miles.
How To Buy Delta SkyMiles For 50% Bonus
- Log in and see if you qualify for the buy Delta SkyMiles at 50% bonus offer
You’ll earn a 50% bonus on purchased miles for every 2,000 Delta SkyMiles you purchase. You must complete transactions by August 31, 2012 in order to qualify for the promotion.
Buying the miles basically comes down to $0.023 ((2,000 miles * .035)/3,000 miles) cents per mile, which is a pretty high price.
- Minimum/Maximum mileage purchased per transaction: 2,000 / 60,000
- Mileage increments: 2,000
- Rate per mile: $0.035
Terms And Conditions
- This offer is open only to the recipients of original email. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers. Transaction must be completed by August 31, 2012, to receive the 50% mileage bonus. The 50% mileage bonus offer expires at 11:59 pm CST on August 31, 2012. Offer does not apply to miles purchased under the SkyMiles Gift Miles program or miles transferred under the SkyMiles Transfer Miles program. The 50% mileage bonus will post to the account within 24 hours of purchase.
- Buy Miles may only be received into SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one mile since enrolling in the SkyMiles program. This program may not be available in all markets or geographic areas.
- Taxes and Fees: Miles may be purchased for $0.035 USD per mile (minimum 2,000 miles) plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax. An additional 5% GST and/or other applicable taxes apply to purchases by Canadian residents. Purchased miles are not refundable and are applicable toward all SkyMiles Awards.
- Award Travel: Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Purchased and bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® qualification or Million Miler™ status.
If you are in the market to top off your Delta account for an award, select the promotion link above, log on and see if you are targeted for the 50% purchase miles offer. Alternatively, you could always pick up one of the Delta SkyMiles credit cards for a few extra SkyMiles.