This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
If you are looking for a last minute labor day getaway you are in luck. Hertz is giving one lucky Points, Miles & Martinis reader 3,000 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points.
If you feel the need for speed, try renting the Porsche Panamera from Hertz. This car was recently added to the Hertz Prestige Collection at select locations. But if looking for a clean getaway you could rent a Volkswagen Jetta TDI clean diesel which was recently added to Hertz Green Traveler Collection at select off-airport locations.
Hertz Recognized As Best Car Rental Agency Again
Once again Hertz was ranked the best rental car agency by Travel + Leisure Magazine. This may be because Hertz is committed to offering technologically innovative products and services available that results in a fast, easy and valued rental experience. Hertz has offered this promotion to Points, Miles & Martinis readers to celebrate their recent awards the company has earned, including:
- The Best Car Rental Agency for the 13th time in Travel + Leisure Magazine’s “World’s Best Awards” for 2012, earning a spot in the first-ever Travel + Leisure “World’s Best Hall of Fame”
- Winner of Sustainable Practice (Hertz Green Traveler Collection), Travel Personalization(Hertz Gold Choice), and Traveler Productivity (Hertz NeverLost® online trip planning) in Global Business Travel Association and Fast Company 2012 Business Traveler Innovation Awards
- The Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat’s 2012/13 U.S. Car Rental Survey (also earning top honors in 14 additional categories)
- The Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits in the first annual FlyerTalk Awards
If you rent with Hertz you can “Travel at the Speed of Hertz” and experience some of their latest innovations including:
- Using Hertz NeverLost, which according to Peter Greenberg is one of the “tried and true GPS navigators” that has “evolved into an information hub—you can also use it for flight status and weather information, and it’s even got a trip-planning tool.”
- Hertz ‘Carfirmations’, a mobile SMS text and email service that confirms a Gold member’s reservation and advises them of their car and location prior to arrival at the Hertz facility
- ‘Gold Choice’ which gives Gold members the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose a different car from the Gold Choice area
Enter To Win 3,000 Hertz Gold Plus Reward Points
Simply leave a comment in this post telling us where you’d like to go this Labor Day and why.
- Example: “I’m looking to getaway to the beach one last time before it gets cold”
- Enter by Thursday at 12 PM Pacific Standard Time
- One entry per person
- One winner will be selected at random
- 3,000 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards will be deposited directly into their membership account
- Not a Hertz Gold member? It’s free to join here and/or Hertz can work with you to set this up
Terms And Conditions
* Worth 2 free weekend rental days for a specialty vehicle (if used as an AnyDay reward (no black-out dates*) or 4 free weekend rental days (if used as a Standard reward).The new Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program has AnyDay Rewards with no black-out dates. Standard Rewards allow members to redeem for free rental days at a lower point value amount during all but the most busy travel periods. Unless otherwise specified, AnyDay Rewards, Standard Rewards, and upgrades are available on Compact, Mid-Size and Full-Size cars only and are applicable for rentals within the U.S. and Canada. Maximum upgrade is from a Standard to a Premium (Ford Crown Victioria or similar) car. Rewards noted as Specialty Vehicle Rentals include Luxury (Lincoln Towncar or similar), 4WD/AWD SUV (Ford Explorer or similar), Minivans (Ford Freestar or similar), or Convertible (Ford Mustang Convertible or similar).
A moment of your time could have you on your way to a free getaway with Hertz this Labor Day.