This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
If you were lucky enough to be targeted for Delta’s 1,000 bonus SkyMiles per segment promotion, there is still time to maximize this promotion’s earning ability. Check below to see if you were targeted attempting to register for the promotion.
The targeted promotion offers 1,000 bonus SkyMiles for every qualifying segment from August 24, 2012 through December 31, 2012. But you must register before November 30, 2012 to participate if you were targeted.
How To Register For 1,000 Per Segment Promotion
- Log in and register to see if you are targeted
- Register before November 30, 2012
- Fly between August 24, 2012 and December 31, 2012
- Earn 1,000 miles with every segment you fly with Delta
I’ve been on a roll with earning Delta SkyMiles ever since this promotion came out. In addition to the 1,000 per segment bonus, my application for the Delta Reserve Card From American Express and subsequent approval earned me 10,000 Delta MQMs that put me over the 75,000 SkyMiles Platinum Elite threshold.
- Apply for the Delta Reserve card
- Earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQM) upon your first purchase with the Card
- Unparalleled Miles Boost – get up to 30,000 MQMs and 30,000 Bonus Miles
- Enjoy Delta Sky Club access
- Check your first bag for free on every Delta flight
- Access to Concierge services
- Receive 20% In-Flight Savings on food and entertainment $450 annual fee
- Apply for the Delta Reserve card
Terms And Conditions
- Eligibility: Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam® offers. To participate in this offer, eligible members must first register online by November 30, 2012 (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. CST, 11/30/12); then book between August 24 and December 31, 2012, for travel between August 24 and December 31, 2012. Promotional registration is required before booking flights, and only tickets purchased on or after August 17, 2012, will qualify for this bonus; existing reservations made prior to August 17, 2012, will not qualify.
- Bonus Offer: Earn 1,000 bonus miles for each qualifying Delta- or Delta Connection-marketed/-operated flight segment purchased between August 17 and December 31, 2012, for travel between August 24 and December 31, 2012. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than the Delta Connection carriers are excluded from this offer.
- Travel Period: Travel must be between August 24 and December 31, 2012. All travel must be completed by December 31, 2012.
- Promotional Fulfillment: Bonus miles will appear automatically on member’s SkyMiles® statement. Allow up to eight weeks after promotional validity period ends on December 31, 2012, for credit to appear.
If you were lucky enough to be targeted for this 1,000 SkyMiles per segment offer, make sure you take advantage of it. It is a great way to rack up a bunch of bonus miles by flying segments with Delta.
With this promotion, you’ll see the bonus SkyMiles add up fast. A normal flight, like an internationally configured 767 Business Class flight from JFK to Atlanta, that would have only earned you 760 SkyMiles, will now offer an additional 1,000 SkyMiles just for flying the segment.
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. As always we appreciate any support for the blog.
This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.