This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
I will start by saying that I am all for getting the bad guys and safety while flying. However, the Weeklyflyer family is not a fan of the x-ray (backscatters) machines that TSA uses which take questionable pictures of the human form. We as a family refuse the scan and opt out almost every time we fly (I know not a great alternative.)
I am excited about the TSA’s decision to pull these machines in several large airports and hope that they will continue to revise the way they scan people for threats going forward.
Here’s The Background
The TSA has been removing its X-ray body scanners (backscatters) from some major airports over the last couple of weeks and putting in machines that are supposed to be less radiation for travelers. TSA says it made the decision to speed up checkpoints at some busier airports and not because of safety concerns due to radiation.
The good news
X-ray machines are leaving big airports.
The bad news
TSA plans to move the backscatters to smaller airports.
The X-ray machines were reportedly swapped out at Boston Logan International Airport, Chicago O’Hare, JFK, LAX and Orlando airport.
What are your thoughts on TSA backscatters? Am I the only one that doesn’t like to go through these machines?
Related TSA Posts
- Mrs Weekly Flyer’s Run-In with the TSA
- TSA causes 2 hour delay at JFK airport
- Senator Leads Charge To End TSA
- TSA Pre – My first time and why I waited so long
- TSA is broken and they know it
- TSA requests mother’s milk but throws out good coffee
- TSA searches 3 year old boy in wheelchair on his way to Orlando
- Blogger exposes loophole in TSA’s screening process
- TSA responds to blogger about his viral video
- Miss USA sexually assaulted by TSA
- TSA detains US Senator from Kentucky, Rand Paul
- Lady screams for TSA agent arrest at checkpoint
- TSA strip searches an 85 year old woman
- Person goes through TSA security with 38 caliber gun and boards plane
- TSA inspector busted for stealing iPads