This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The TSA has released updated numbers on guns found in carry-on luggage in one week throughout the country. I was astounded at how many people try to bring a loaded gun onto a plane and think that they will get it through security. Geez, I am worried about getting through security with all my liquids without a hassle. Can you imagine!
The first week of November, the TSA reported finding 35 guns trying to go through security in carry-on luggage. 33 of them were loaded. Really!?
You are allowed to check a gun as long as you declare it to the airline. I hope that these incidences were due to people who have never flown before and therefore are oblivious and not people who have bad intentions trying to bring a weapon onto a plane!
Thank you to the TSA for their hard work finding these weapons.
Related TSA Posts
- Are your bags safe from TSA theft
- TSA Pre Check rolling out to new airports
- Shocking cavity search would be accepted by 1/3 of americans from TSA
- TSA removes backscatter nude-o-scopes from major airports
- Mrs Weekly Flyer’s Run-In with the TSA
- TSA causes 2 hour delay at JFK airport
- Senator Leads Charge To End TSA
- TSA Pre – My first time and why I waited so long
- TSA is broken and they know it
- TSA requests mother’s milk but throws out good coffee
- TSA searches 3 year old boy in wheelchair on his way to Orlando
- Blogger exposes loophole in TSA’s screening process
- TSA responds to blogger about his viral video
- Miss USA sexually assaulted by TSA
- TSA detains US Senator from Kentucky, Rand Paul
- Lady screams for TSA agent arrest at checkpoint
- TSA strip searches an 85 year old woman
- Person goes through TSA security with 38 caliber gun and boards plane
- TSA inspector busted for stealing iPads
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.