This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
AirTran is offering double A+ credits on all AirTran operated flights. Simply register for the promotion, book a qualifying flight, and fly between now and November 14, 2012 to get your double A+ credits.
I always sign up for promotions as early as possible because you never know when you may participate in a qualifying activity. This happened to me this week when I took a spooky flight on AirTran. I didn’t even know my AirTran Rewards number, so I looked it up on AwardWallet and logged in from my AwardWallet account. After a few moments I was registered and able to book my flight to earn double A+ credits.
How To Get Double A+ Credits
- Step 1: Register for this promotion between September 13, 2012 and November 14, 2012
- Step 2: Book a qualifying one-way or roundtrip flight at airtran.com between September 13, 2012 and November 14, 2012
- Step 3: Complete your travel between September 13, 2012 and November 14, 2012
- Double A+ Credits on all AirTran operated flights through November 14, 2012
- Member must register for this promotion between September 13, 2012 and November 14, 2012, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel
- Valid on new reservations onlyMember must book at airtran.com between September 13, 2012 and November 14, 2012
- Travel must be completed between September 13, 2012 and November 14, 2012 on AirTran published, scheduled service
- AirTran account number must be entered at the time of booking
- Member will receive one bonus credit for every one-way domestic flight and two bonus credits for every one-way International flight
- When purchasing Business Class Fares, Member will receive 1.5 bonus credits for every one-way domestic flight and three bonus credits for every one-way International flight
- Bonus credits are in addition to the standard credit(s) earned through A+ Rewards
- Bonus A+ Credit(s) will not count toward Elite status
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion
- Please allow up to three weeks for A+ Bonus Credits to post to your account
- All A+ Rewards terms and conditions apply
I registered for the promotion before booking a flight. My flight was in coach, so I should technically receive 1 AirTran A+ credit. But I upgraded to a big seat up front during the check-in process. The big question for me is will I earn 1.5 credits x 2 for 3 total, or 1 credit x 2 for 2 total? I paid for this coach ticket and the upgrade with our Platinum American Express that we received from the targeted 100,000 Membership Rewards bonus offer. So I wonder if the upgrade will qualify as a “Business” ticket for 1.5 credits or a if it will be processed as a “Fee” which would be taken off the American Express bill since the Platinum card offers $200 in airline credits. Time will tell.
Don’t forget to register for this promotion if you plan to take an AirTran flight between now and November 14, 2012. If you register and fly, you could be on your way to double A+ Reward credits with AirTran flights. These points will become more usable once the AirTran and Southwest integration is completed.