This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The TSA has been catching a lot of flack lately for the changes to their enhanced screening policies, unionizing a government workforce 1 week after the election and the move of their costly backscatter machines to smaller airports. The TSA has caught so much attention, last week there was a call for a national TSA opt-out week.
According to this CNN article, it seems the TSA is opting out itself. That is opting out of testifying at a congressional hearing about how the TSA’s policies effect the traveling public.
Their refusal to send any representative to the Transportation and Infrastructure subcommittee meeting is based on their claim the subcommittee has no legislative jurisdiction over the Transportation Security Administration.
What do you think, does the TSA deserve a little more screening of their policies lately or is this scrutiny of the agency’s policies an unwarranted waste of tax payer dollars?
Related TSA Posts
- Did you get your $11.38 worth from the TSA
- TSA National Opt Out Week
- 33 Loaded Guns
- Are your bags safe from TSA theft
- TSA Pre Check rolling out to new airports
- Shocking cavity search would be accepted by 1/3 of americans from TSA
- TSA removes backscatter nude-o-scopes from major airports
- Mrs Weekly Flyer’s Run-In with the TSA
- TSA causes 2 hour delay at JFK airport
- Senator Leads Charge To End TSA
- TSA Pre – My first time and why I waited so long
- TSA is broken and they know it
- TSA requests mother’s milk but throws out good coffee
- TSA searches 3 year old boy in wheelchair on his way to Orlando
- Blogger exposes loophole in TSA’s screening process
- TSA responds to blogger about his viral video
- Miss USA sexually assaulted by TSA
- TSA detains US Senator from Kentucky, Rand Paul
- Lady screams for TSA agent arrest at checkpoint
- TSA strip searches an 85 year old woman
- Person goes through TSA security with 38 caliber gun and boards plane
- TSA inspector busted for stealing iPads