This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
You may know that you can redeem only 20,000 Starwood hotel points for a one-way Business Class ticket to Europe through the Flying Blue promo awards. But they’ve now added a few more discounted flight options for 2013 between North America and Europe.
The newest Business Class route is with KLM between Chicago and Europe. The booking period on this route becomes available starting 12/30/12. So if you are in the market for a discounted Business Class award ticket to or from Europe, continue reading to find out how you can redeem for a one-way Flying Blue award on this route for only 25,000 Flying Blue miles plus taxes and fees.
Alternatively, you can book a round-trip award flight on this route for 50,000 Flying Blue miles plus taxes and fees. If you don’t have Flying Blue miles you could transfer 20,000 Starwood hotel points into Flying Blue miles and receive a 5,000 mile bonus, enough for a one-way Business Class ticket to Europe.
Discounted Flights To / From Chicago And Europe
The new Business Class promo award from Flying Blue is with KLM. The valid travel dates are between 1/9/13 and 2/28/13. You must book the travel between 12/30/12 and 2/26/13 in order to receive the discounted award pricing. There is plenty of new coach availability, but who wants fly coach besides Alex?
Let’s assume you wanted to book a one-way Business Class award from Chicago to Amsterdam during the promotion period. A simple way to search is to pull up the AirFrance.us website and search for Business Class availability.
As of now, the award chart only shows low availability at the regular price on KLM operated flights. But there is plenty of the low availability in Business Class, so check back during the booking period to see if there is discounted award availability.
What Is The Flying Blue Promo Award
The Promo Award from Flying Blue offers 25% or 50% off an award ticket for flights with Air France and KLM Airlines. The only catch is these flights are for a limited time period. This brings the price of a Flying Blue award ticket down to only 25,000 for Coach Class round-trip or 50,000 for Business Class round-trip. What if you don’t have Flying Blue Miles? Don’t worry, we’ll share a way you can earn and transfer points over to Flying Blue to get one of these great discounted awards.
How To Get And Transfer SPG Points To Flying Blue
Starwood Starpoints transfer to Flying Blue (Air France) at a 1:1 ratio. But if you transfer only 20,000 points, you’ll get a 25% bonus for a total of 25,000 Flying Blue miles. This means you can transfer only 20,000 Starpoints for a one-way Business Class ticket, or you could transfer 40,000 Starpoints for a round-trip Business Class ticket.
Both the personal and business Starwood Preferred Guest card from American Express are offering bonus points after you apply and meet minimum spending requirements.
Promo Award Terms And Conditions
- Reservations must be made exclusively on airfrance or klm websites (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorised to book an award on the website)
- In the event that a technical problem occurs when reserving the promotional fare or if the reservation cannot be finalised, the Flying Blue member must log on to the site and repeat the procedure
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights and vice-versa
- These promotional Promo Award may not be modified, cancelled or refunded
- Promo Award are available for one-way tickets and round trips
- Discounts (SkyTeam scale applicable) apply to the award ticket price only (SkyTeam scale is valid). Applicable taxes and fees are paid by the Flying Blue member
- Flex Award are not included in the Promo Award offer
- Business Elite and Economy Elite bookings are available exclusively to Flying Blue Elite members (Platinum, Gold and Silver). These Elite travel classes provide extra award seats on routes to the United States, the Carribean and Indian Ocean, Africa and Asia
The 20,000 SPG point Business Class one-way ticket option using Flying Blue awards to or from Chicago will be available for booking starting 12/30/12. So if you are in the market for a discounted award ticket, make sure you check availability with the booking period opens up.
Although the award will save miles, it may also come with high fuel charges and taxes. By transferring SPG points with a 20% bonus, you can reduce the points required for this award down to 20,000 SPG points for a round trip Coach or one way Business Class ticket.
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. As always we appreciate any support for the blog.
This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.