This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Delta and SkyMiles shopping have teamed up to offer a limited time bonus of 1,000 miles when you shop at SkyMiles Shopping. The bonus miles will be awarded for spending $250 or more in shopping for two days only. The bonus mile offer ends on December 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST. If you planned to shop online, this promotion, may offer bonus miles that you may not have otherwise earned. But give careful consideration to which shopping portal you go through because each shopping portal can offer different bonus amounts for the same store.
Earn 1,000 Bonus Delta SkyMiles Through Shopping
- Earn an additional 1,000 miles when you spend $250 or more with SkyMiles Shopping
The Delta are plenty of bonus opportunities during this two day period. Our go to store, Drugstore dot com, went from 2 miles per dollar to 10 miles per dollar. As I’ve detailed in a previous post, we’ve stocked up on items we would have bought anyway, and at a better price than at the store down the street, all while earning bonus miles for shopping we would have done anyway.
Lets look at Drugstore dot com’s bonus in a few different shopping portals to illustrate how a different portal can offer a higher or lower bonus. In our example you can earn 10 Delta SkyMiles per dollar at Delta’s SkyMiles Shopping. Plus, if you spend $250 or more, you’ll earn 1,000 bonus miles. Let’s assume you spend $250, that is 3,500 (($250 x 10) + 1,000 = 3,500)Delta miles earned.
But if you spent the same $250 at Drugstore dot com through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, you’ll have only earned 1,750 ($250 x 7 = 1,750) for the same spend.
Some would argue that 1,750 Chase Ultimate Rewards points are worth more than 3,500 Delta SkyMiles while others will find more value in Delta SkyMiles. If you plan to spend online, just make sure you look around to see which portal offers you the best bonus for your travel patterns.
Terms And Conditions
- Now through December 11, 2012 11:59 PM EST receive an additional one-time bonus of 1,000 miles when you spend a cumulative amount of $250 or more
- Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus; please see site for details on any coupon code details or usage restrictions
- Please allow 8-10 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account
- Void where prohibited by law
- Now through 11:59 p.m. EDT December 11, 2012 earn extra miles with featured online stores
- Please refer to individual merchant pages for details
Shopping online can save you time and the hassle of going to the mall during the Holiday shopping rush. If you are going to shop online anyway, you might as well consider the bonus offers you can get by shopping through portals like the Delta SkyMiles shopping portal, the Chase Ultimate Rewards Shopping portal or the AAdvantage shopping portal.