This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Turkish Airlines is offering a limited time 25% off discount on all domestic flights and to select international destinations. The 25% off discount applies to Miles&Smiles round-trip and one-way award tickets, companion tickets and upgrades on all Turkish airlines capacity controlled and seat guaranteed all economy and business reservation classes. The discount applies to tickets issued for travels between 1 January – 31 January 2013.
The Turkish Airlines capacity controlled award ticket table is pictured below. One-way award tickets are priced out at 60% of a round-trip flight. So assume you wanted to go from Turkey to Hong Kong one-way in Business Class. The flight would require 31,500 (70,000 x 60% x 75%) miles. This would save 10,500 miles off the normal one-way Business Class award ticket.
Promotion Participating Cities
All Domestic lines
- Belgrade, Prıstıne, Sofia, Tirana, , Zagreb, Skopje, , Sarajevo
- Batumi, Budapest, Bucharest, Donetsk, Riga,, Lvov, Thessaloniki, Tbilisi
- Turin, Naples, Genova, Valencia, Bilboa, Malaga, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Manchester,Ufa, Kazan, Dublin,
CENTRAL AND NORTH AFRICA:
- Entebbe, Kigali, Khartoum, Dakar, Nouakchott, Shram el-sheikh, Djıbouti, Mogadishu, Hurgada, Algiers, Benghazi, Misurata, Sabha, Tripoli, Kilimanjaro, Mombasa, Casablanca, Tunus, Niamey, Vogadugu, Darusselam, Douala, Abidjan, Kinshasa, Yaounde
- Muscat, Shiraz
- Dhaka, Bishkek, Osh, Karachi
- Beijing, Shanghaı, Guangzhou, Hong Kong
- Promotional award tickets shall be issued for travels between 1 January – 31 January 2013 and travel must be completed between these dates. Campaign will include the award tickets which are issued as of 12 December 2012.
- The validity of the award tickets will be restricted by 31 January 2013 .
- This promotion is valid for all miles&smiles award tickets, companion tickets and upgrades .
- The promotion is valid for all turkish airlines capacity controlled and seat guaranteed all economy and busıness reservation classes. furthermore promotion is valid for comfort class on applicable destinations.
- The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights and anadolujet flights. Promotion is not permitted on codeshare flights (tk8000) and for the award tickets issued for the Star Alliance member airline flights
- Promotion will be applied for all flights from/to turkey and from/to abroad on the routes stated
- The routes within different award regions cannot be combined
- Return flıght can be done from dıfferent cıtıes ın condıtıon wıthın the same award regıonAll rebooking and reroutings can be applied within the same route, class and season until 31 January 2013. no changes is permitted for travels after 31 January 2013 . mileage refund can be done within 1 year after the ticket issuance date. any mileage refunds, rebookings and re-routings are subject to penalty.
- One open jaw and one stopover ıs permıtted eıther on the outbound or on the return segment.
- Tickets can not be issued open.
- The general conditions applied in miles&smiles award tickets are also applicable for award tickets issued in this campaign.
- Taxes must be paid while ticketing
Nice little discount on award tickets. But the main problem for some U.S. based flyers is without a partnership with SPG, American Express Membership Rewards, or Chase Ultimate Rewards, how do you earn Miles & Smiles airline miles without flying or crediting miles to the program?
I do see they partner with Hilton and Best Western hotels as well as a number of car rentals agencies.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.