This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
A number of people realize the benefits of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program. This is the rewards program from Chase that allows customers to earn rewards that can be transferred into a number of airline and hotel partners.
You can earn Chase Ultimate Rewards with both personal credit cards, business credit cards and online shopping. I recently picked up another Chase card, but this time the business card. I immediately remembered that the cards cannot be linked online under the same user ID. This is important, because once the accounts are linked online, customers can see both credit card online statements in the same place. This reduces the number of account usernames and passwords you need to remember.
First of all, Chase has said on a number of occasions that users cannot link a business card and a personal card online. Instead they must call chase to have the accounts linked together under one user ID. Following a few simple steps will have your accounts linked online in no time.
Steps To Link Chase Business And Personal Cards Online
It is important to note, that the combined User ID has to be the one linked to the Business Card. So to get started with linking your business and personal cards, start with the first step below.
- Enroll your Business Credit Card user ID online at Chase to set up a user ID
- Then call Chase customer service at 800-945-2028 or 800-493-3319 and ask to have your personal user ID merged with your Business Card user ID
- You’ll be connected you to the internet department
- They’ll verify your business card information and personal card information
- They will ask a series of personal security questions to verify who you are
- Log off, log on with personal account and new password
Steps To Transfer Ultimate Rewards Account Balances
At this point your business and personal cards should be linked under one user ID online. You’ll be able to see both cards under one log in ID, but the Chase Ultimate Rewards accounts will remain separate. So to get these points balances merged, you’ll need to call a business card specialist each time you’d like to have your point balances merged.
- Provide the business card specialist both of your account numbers
- Provide the specialist the amount of points you’d like to transfer between accounts
If you have a Chase personal and business card linking them online will allow you to view both statements. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that business and personal Ultimate Reward accounts can be merged into one permanently at this time.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.