This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The Passports with Purpose (PWP) 2012 project is underway and you can win some very cool prizes by donating just $10. For example, Rick at Loyalty Traveler is giving away 110,000 Hyatt Gold Passports points and AJ from Live from a Lounge is giving away a Luxury Weekend in Mumbai from Live From A Lounge’s Luxury. But that’s not all you can win, there are over 100 prizes ranging in value from $100 to $5,000. So you could donate as little as $10 to a good cause and win one of these very valuable travel prizes for you or a friend.
My Top 3 Prizes I’m Donating For
There are a lot of reasons to donate, but we’ve found our top 3 travel prizes that captured our attention. All can be won for just a $10 donation here.
- 110,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points – With redemption at Hyatt top tier hotels going for 22,000 points per night, this prize is enough for 5 free nights at any Hyatt property around the world. Way to go Rick!
- A Week In Provence At The Provence Paradise House – We’ve always wanted to go to Provence. If we win this, we’ll likely tack this onto our Swiss Adventure next year.
- 5 Night Hotel Stay From Any Hotel on Hipmunk’s website – With this prize, you can reserve any hotel from Hipmunk’s website for a 5 night stay up to $2,000.
A close runner up for the Rapid Travel Chai’s of the world may be a 26 night journey through the Silk Road of Central Asia from Xian to Khiva, which is valued at over $4,500. And for those fresh off the MegaDo, you could win a week at an authentic Montana Dude Ranch to test out your newly acquired skills, Giddy Up!
The goal of the 2012 PWP project to finance water wells in Haiti through Water.org. So check out the awesome travel prizes you could win here and consider donating for your chance to win and to help a good cause.
We’ve been fortunate to be sponsored for two years in a row by the W Atlanta Downtown. The hotel is great and perfect for a trip to Atlanta, but don’t take it from me, check out fellow Boarding Area travel blogger reviews of the hotel from MJ on Travel where he got his best upgrade ever.
The W Atlanta Downtown has a great location near downtown and is only minutes away from midtown. At the time the W Atlanta downtown hotel was built in 2009, it was the highest price per room, so the quality is top notch. The hotel has 28 stories, 237 hotel rooms, 76 residences, 10,000 square feet of meeting space, a Bliss Spa and a helipad on top of building.
The Passports with Purpose Travel Blogger initiative is a great way to give back by donating to a good cause. And you could win some very cool and valuable prizes as a result of donating.
The first day was a huge success generating over $10,000 in donations towards the $100,000 goal. But the promotion ends on December 11, 2012, so there is still time to donate for a chance to win your top prize.
What would be your top pick from the list of travel prizes? Is there a strategy here to go after the lesser known prizes or some hidden values?
Boarding Area Blogger Sponsored Giveaway
- Luxury Weekend in Mumbai from Live From A Lounge’s Luxury
- 110,000 Hyatt Gold Passports points from Rick at Loyalty Traveler
- Two complimentary weekend nights in a Wonderful room at the W Atlanta Downtown