This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Hilton has teamed up with Amtrak Guest Rewards to offer double Amtrak points on all stays through March 31, 2013. In order to earn the double Amtrak points, Hilton Honors guests must select Amtrak as the double dip miles earning partner.
How To Get Double Points
Normal Hilton Earning With Amtrak
Hilton offers variable and fixed earning options when members credit stays to Amtrak. The variable option earns 10 Hilton Honors base points plus 1 Amtrak Guest Rewards point per US Dollar. The Fixed earning option earns 10 Hilton Honors base points plus 500 Amtrack Guest Rewards points per US Dollar, except at Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites where you’ll earn 100 points per stay.
Choose from the following Earnings Style Options to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
- Hilton HHonors Points and Variable Amtrak Guest Rewards points: Earn 10 HHonors Base points plus 1 Amtrak Guest Rewards point per eligible US dollar spent (up to 100 points per stay at HOME2 Suites by Hilton).
- Hilton HHonors Points and Fixed Amtrak Guest Rewards points: Earn 10 HHonors Base points per eligible US dollar spent plus 500 Amtrak Guest Rewards points per stay (100 points per stay at Hampton and Homewood Suites by Hilton hotels; up to 100 points per stay at HOME2 Suites by Hilton).
- Double Your HHonors promotion online. If you’re not yet a member of Hilton HHonors, you’ll be prompted to create an account
- Select Amtrak as your Double Dip Points & Miles partner
- Book your stay for any time between now and March 31, 2013
- Provide your Amtrak Guest Rewards and HHonors member numbers when you check in
- Offer valid for stays through 3/31/2013. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points and Miles and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions
- Please allow 4 – 6 weeks for points to post to your Amtrak Guest Rewards account
If you value Amtrak points more than others, this promotion will allow you to double your double dip points credited to another program with Hilton stays.
The key thing to consider is if you are staying a hotel for under 500 US, the fixed rate option will be better unless you are staying in a Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites or Hampton Inn.