Air France restricts the ability to book First Class awards to elite members. This is well known. So when a status match opportunity came up late last year, I quickly sent Air France my credentials to match over to their Gold Elite status.
Confirmed Gold Status
I logged into my Flying Blue account and noticed I now am Gold Elite.
Flying Blue Gold status comes with many benefits including:
- 75% bonus miles
- Access to elite awards
- SkyPriority access and preferred treatment
- Guaranteed seat in Economy Class
- Exclusive Elite reservation line
- Longe access
- Check-in and transfer benefits
- Extra baggage allowance
- Weight destination concept (Korean Airlines)
- Status carry over
You can read the full details of the Gold benefits over at AirFrance’s website.
When a status match opportunity comes along once in a blue moon, make sure you take advantage of it as soon as possible. Because I jumped at the status match opportunity, I know have all the Flying Blue benefits of Gold status including Flex and Elite awards. Now I can transfer American Express Membership Rewards from the many 100,000 signup bonus offers I received to book an Air France Elite Award.
Has your status match been processed with Air France? What Gold Elite benefit are you most excited about?
- Instant Flying Blue Gold Status
- US to Europe in Business Class for 40,000 Points
- Air France 777 Business Class to French Polynesia
- Air France A380 Business Class from Paris