This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Air France restricts the ability to book First Class awards to elite members. This is well known. So when a status match opportunity came up late last year, I quickly sent Air France my credentials to match over to their Gold Elite status.
Confirmed Gold Status
I logged into my Flying Blue account and noticed I now am Gold Elite.
Flying Blue Gold status comes with many benefits including:
- 75% bonus miles
- Access to elite awards
- SkyPriority access and preferred treatment
- Guaranteed seat in Economy Class
- Exclusive Elite reservation line
- Longe access
- Check-in and transfer benefits
- Extra baggage allowance
- Weight destination concept (Korean Airlines)
- Status carry over
You can read the full details of the Gold benefits over at AirFrance’s website.
When a status match opportunity comes along once in a blue moon, make sure you take advantage of it as soon as possible. Because I jumped at the status match opportunity, I know have all the Flying Blue benefits of Gold status including Flex and Elite awards. Now I can transfer American Express Membership Rewards from the many 100,000 signup bonus offers I received to book an Air France Elite Award.
Has your status match been processed with Air France? What Gold Elite benefit are you most excited about?
- Instant Flying Blue Gold Status
- US to Europe in Business Class for 40,000 Points
- Air France 777 Business Class to French Polynesia
- Air France A380 Business Class from Paris