Through August 31, 2013 American Airlines AAdvantage members can earn up to 6 miles per rental and receive a 35% discount. The amount of miles earned depends on the number of days the car is rented. The promotion is offered on eligible reservations in U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, and select countries in Europe.
How To Earn Up To 6 Miles Per Dollar
- Book your Hertz rental car reservation
- Add CDP# 217692, PC# 179255 and your AAdvantage account # to your reservation at the time of booking
The amount of AAdvantage miles earned depends on the number of days a car is rented.
- Rentals 1-4 days earn 4 miles per $
- Rentals 5+ days earn 6 miles per $
Terms And Conditions
- This offer is redeemable at participating locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom
- For rentals in Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom this offer is valid on Affordable Non-Prepaid Rates at participating locations. Manual shift only, however, exceptions do apply
- Offer valid for vehicle pick-up through 8/31/13
- Your discount CDP# 217692, PC# 179255, and your AAdvantage number is required at time of reservation
- Advance reservation is required
- Offer value in local currency upon redemption
- Hertz age, driver and credit qualifications, and daily rate restrictions for the renting location apply
- Taxes, tax reimbursement, age differential charges, fees and optional services charges, such as refueling, are not included
- Standard rental qualifications, rental period, and return restrictions apply
- The CDP savings of up to 35% applies to time and mileage charges only, discounts vary by rental date, location and vehicle type
- Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer
- Miles will not be awarded on travel industry rates, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, and any other promotional rates or group travel
- AAdvantage rules and restrictions apply
- This offer has no cash value, may not be used with pre-pay rates, tour rates or insurance replacement rates and cannot be combined with each other or with any other certificate, voucher, offer or promotion
What I find most interesting is that this promotion states “Offer value in local currency upon redemption” which I suspect means the miles per money spent. Since the Mexican Peso is currently trading at 12.31 per US dollar, I wonder if this means one could receive 6x per Mexican Peso. Assuming one is brave enough to rent a car in Mexico City for a week and an average weekly rental of $200 converted to Mexican Pesos, one could earn 14,784 AAdvantage miles ($200 x 12.32 x 6). Of course this is all based on the statement of “offer value in local currency” means it gets paid based on local currency. I could be way off here, but interesting statement in the terms and conditions none the less.