This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The Peachtree Road Farmers Market just opened it’s doors this weekend and will run through December 14th.
You can grab a coffee, or a burger from Farm Burger, and check out all the fresh fruits, veggies, life plants, or goods that the market has to offer.
The Peachtree Road Farmers Market
The Peachtree Road Farmers Market is the largest producer-only market in the Atlanta metro area, and they have a ton of great local vendors.
Tips For First Time Visitors
- It’s free to walk around and there is plenty of parking, but get there early if you want the best veggies
- Pack your reusable bags! Help us and our vendors go green by bringing your own bags. For extra credit bring your usable coffee mug.
- Cash. While some vendors have the ability to accept credit cards through square up cash is still king of the farmers market.
- Your dog. When the weather is not too hot, well behaved dogs are welcome. Please keep in mind the market has lots of children, food smells and other dogs so please make sure it is an experience your dog can handle. Poop bags required.
We picked up some amazing bread from Holeman and Finch Bread Co. Seriously this is some great bread. Be prepared to wait in a line if you want any item off their menu.
We picked up some croissants, chocolate croissants, French baguettes, pimento cheese and a few other nummy bread crumbs.
Next, we had to get some fresh jam to go with the croissants. This was starting to sound like a breakfast we get when in Paris.
For snack later that evening, we picked up some Chorizo from The Spotted Trotter. A little kick to it but it was good.
We picked up some fresh veggies and a purple tomato plant to bring home to our organic garden. There are so many organic farmers here. The best ones sell out their products early. So get to the market early in the morning if you want to get the best items. The spring onions sold out quickly this weekend.
By this time we were starting to work up an appetite, so we stopped by Farm Burger. This is arguably the best burger in Atlanta.
I like mine naked, and Mrs Weekly Flyers gets hers loaded with fresh veggies.
At the end the day, we had to go with the King of Pops. He is the king!
Definitely try out the chocolate with sea salt. For the adventurous soul, try the Pomegranate Margarita. Any pop you choose from their huge list of flavors will NOT disappoint. Baby Weekly Flyer liked the chocolate sea salt pop so much we had to go back for a third one.
Supporting local farms and growers is fun, and it tastes so good.
The Peachtree Road Farmers Market makes for a pretty nice little Saturday if you are in Atlanta. It sure beats Home Depot and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
- Southern Spirits – What to expect at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival
- Atlanta Food & Wine Festival – Delta offers Elite access to tasting tents
- Breakfast + Cocchi Spritz Happy Hour – Atlanta F&W Festival Style
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.