This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Have you ever been sick on a flight? Not the sick bag type, but the type where you need a doctor?
I admit, I had a terrible flight one time from Jacksonville, Florida to Tampa, Florida where I got sick. The flight was one of the bumpiest flights I’ve ever taken.
This flight was back in early 2000s on a quick flight from Jacksonville with the then Continental Airline partner who was flying King Air Turbo Props. There was a huge storm over all of Florida that was causing really bad turbulence. As we approached Tampa, we could see the wave of rain approaching from the west. The pilot cockpit door was open, this gives it away that it was pre-911, and I could see straight through the front window of the aircraft. We approached landing, but just as we crossed over the highway, the pilot pulled up and turned right to divert to Orlando. Once in Orlando I almost kissed the ground. Instead of flying from Orlando, I got my back and rented a car for the quick 1 hour drive back to Tampa.
But I’ve never been sick enough to need a doctor’s attention. Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles program is incentivizing Doctors to fly with them by providing 5,000 bonus miles for signing up to the Miles & Smiles program.
How To Get Doctor Bonus
- Log-in and click Smiling Doctors under Other Applications on left menu bar.
- Only Miles&Smiles member can benefit from smiling doctors programme
- Smiling Doctors application should be done from member’s account
- In the registration procedure, doctors should fill application form and attach their diploma and their necessary documents
- After checking and approving of the documents, registered doctor will earn 5000 bonus miles after their first Turkish Airlines flight
- 5000 bonus miles will be earned only once
- Name and surname which is registered during check-in or reservation should be same as Miles&Smiles account
- Registered doctors should be give medical support during flight in case of emergency cases
I’m thankful I’ve never been terribly sick on a plane flight. If I was, I’d be grateful for a Doctor onboard.
This is an easy way for Doctors to earn 5,000 Miles & Smiles miles.
I just wonder if this promotion becomes really popular if Turkish Airlines flights will start to look like the video below.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.