This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
American Express targets their members and provides them with select bonus offers to earn more points for readers to use on things like travel and point transfers. These select members have the ability to be targeted for some significant offers. In this post series we share (1) how to increase your chances of being targeted for special promotions by American Express, (2) a 1,500 bonus for opting-in to an extended payment option..In this post, we’ll cover how to change privacy settings on an American Express member account to make sure you opt-in for promotional offers and we’ll explore the two targeted offers mentioned above.
How To Increase Chances For Targeted American Express Offers
- Increase Chances For Targeted Offers By Opting-In For Promotional Offers
- 1,500 Bonus Points For Opting-In to the Extended Payment Option
How To Opt-In For Promotional Offers
American Express allows members to manage their privacy settings online. This is where you can edit how and what American Express can communicate with you about.
If you have any of the following American Express cards try logging into your account and navigate to the settings area.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- The Blue for Business® Credit Card from American Express
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- The Amex EveryDaySM Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDaySM Credit Card from American Express
To change the settings log into your American Express account, select profile and preferences, then select privacy.
Next, you’ll want to review your privacy settings and make sure you have them set to allow American Express to communicate with you in the desired areas including General Marketing Email Preferences, Subscription E-Newsletters and Privacy.
Making changes to the communication preferences for an American Express membership account is easy. After you make any changes, sit back and hope for the targeted promotional offers to roll in.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.