This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We hope you’ll take a look around our Points, Miles & Martinis blog and find something you enjoy reading or something that helps you travel better.
Who Is Behind Points, Miles & Martinis
The Weekly Flyer is a part time blogger and full time business traveler. I travel the world, usually every week, to a new location accumulating points and miles along the way. As a result of accumulating so many points and miles, I redeemed an astonishing 1.7 million points and miles in 2011 to take a number of trips all over the world with Mrs. Weekly Flyer. I enjoy helping friends, family and readers travel better. Feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alex loves to travel and does so a lot. Logging 100,000 flight miles each year over the past 4 years, Alex uses points and miles to power his passion. Alex is continuously striving to experience the far reaches of the globe. In his day job, Alex is a Management Consultant frequently on the road advising Technology organizations. I love thinking about, reading about, and talking about all things travel. Feel free to reach him at email@example.com.
Travel Promotions & Deals
We try to share the latest airline, hotel, car rental, credit card and other travel related promotions to help our readers stay informed and travel better. The easiest way to stay plugged in with Points, Miles & Martinis is to signup for our daily email newsletter here, or by following us on Twitter with @Weeklyflyer, or checking out the Points, Miles & Martinis Facebook page.
You can easily sort through previous blog posts by using our category search feature at the top of the blog, which is shown below.
Tips & Tricks
We’ve learned a lot from traveling as much as we have and we like to share some of the tips and tricks we’ve learned along the way with our readers. We’ve shared many tips in the past covering a range of topics. Including the one Rudy mentioned where you can purchase enough airlines miles to fly Business Class to Europe or North Asia for only $1,881.25. Other sample tips and tricks include:
- Air France – 40k SPG points for Business Class award ticket to Europe
- Alaska Airlines – Add your birthday into your account for a present
- American Airlines – Upgrade policy, how even a gold can get one
- Delta – Free drinks on Delta with Electronic Have On On Us Certificates
- Delta – Illustration on how to get a free extra one-way award ticket
- Delta – Dedicated routes with lie-flat seats in Business Class
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class tickets to French Polynesia
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class to Australia
- General – Using Open Jaws and Stop Overs – How I saved a friend over 1,000 Euros
- Korean Air – 90,000 miles for Business Class Award to French Polynesia from U.S. mainland
- Korean Air – 80,000 miles for Business Class Award to Europe from U.S.
- Avis – Earn 3,000 US Airways miles with every car rental
- Flying with Kids – How to get a baby’s first passport
- Hilton – Gold Status, Two Free Weekend Nights and other benefits
- Hilton – Fast track to Diamond status
- Hyatt – Diamond status after only 12 stays
- Hyatt – Booking a suite award with Gold Passport points
- Marriott – How to get Marriott Platinum status after only 9 Marriott hotel stays
- Starwood – How to earn 1,000 to 1,500 extra points per Sheraton stay
- Chase Ultimate Rewards – Earn more miles through shopping portals
- Chase Ultimate Rewards – Earn 8 points per dollar and $2 off every gallon of gas
- Award Tracking – Free 6 month upgrade to AwardWallet Plus Account
- Free International Phone Calls – Free international phone calls with this iPhone application
Consider checking our the latest tips and tricks we’ve shared with readers by going to our Tips & Tricks page here.
Thanks for checking out Points, Miles & Martinis. We hope you find something you like and come back soon.