How To Merge Chase Business And Personal Card Accounts Online

This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.

Given the frenzy of activity this week around the increased limited time bonus offers for the Chase Business Cards (Ink Plus® Business Card, Ink Bold® Business Card and Ink Cash® Business Card) we thought it would be helpful to expand on our Chase time saving tips like the Chase Credit Card Management Tips article.

In this post we’ll share a time saving tip on how to merge both personal and business accounts online or over the phone. After a few simple steps, you can merge your business and personal accounts online to save time managing your accounts online.

So when your business picks up a Chase business credit card this month, you can simply follow the few steps below to merge the business card with any Chase personal credit card. That way, you can manage them both online and save time.

How To Merge Chase Business & Personal Cards Over Phone

Simply call up Chase (1-800-432-3117) and provide them the account numbers you’d like to merge online.

How To Merge Chase Business & Personal Cards Online

Step 1. First log into your Chase account and select “Manage Accounts” to navigate to the area where you can add additional accounts.

image

Step 2. Select “Add accounts” from the my information section.

image

Step 3. Select the profiles that you would like to be able to view online.

image

Step 4. Show or hide existing accounts in the settings.

image

Step 5. Add accounts if you do not see an existing account by entering in the account information.

image

Save Time With One Account

The next time you are logged into your account, you’ll see both personal and business credit cards online. Think of the time you’ll save by only logging into one account. What a time saver!

image

Bottom Line

If you have Chase personal and business credit cards, they can be merged online with a few simple steps and will save a ton of time.

If you don’t have a Chase Business card consider their signup bonus offers on two of the most popular business cards, the Ink Plus® Business Card and the Ink Bold® Business Card.

Apply here: Ink Plus® Business Card

Apply here: Ink Cash® Business Card

Apply here: Ink Bold® Business Card

Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.

About the author: The Weekly Flyer is writes about travel from a business traveler perspective. He travels the world every week accumulating points and miles along the way. Feel free to reach me at theweeklyflyer@gmail.com

• RomsdeAls June 18, 2013, 3:11 pm

Thanks! I’ll do this, I don’t mind too much logging into two accounts though.

• The Weekly Flyer June 18, 2013, 3:14 pm

Hi Rom – It definitely helps, especially as you get more accounts.

• KevininRI June 18, 2013, 3:15 pm

When I opened my Ink Bold last year I already had 4-5 personal Chase accounts (all with bank accounts tied to them for ACH payment) and was told that if you have a biz card, the biz card has to be your “base” profile and you can add the personal accounts to it, not vice versa. I would have had to delete my personal profile and re-add all my personal cards and bank information to my business profile. I decided to just keep them separate as I could always transfer UR points between the two. Has this changed recently or do you still have to use your biz account as your “base” profile?

• SC June 18, 2013, 3:48 pm

Holy ____! Do you actually have that many UR points? If so, Kudos to you. Time to Burn!

• K June 18, 2013, 5:39 pm

KevininRI, I was told the exact same thing about the business account being the “base” account. Nobody told me that adding a personal account to your new business “base” profile automatically deletes your Chase QuickPay information and effectively locks you out of QuickPay, because you can’t use the same email address for QuickPay on your business account if it was already used to set up your personal QuickPay. When I physically went in to my local Chase branch to have my accounts merged, the procedure ERASED my personal profile (which I had had since banking with Wamu for over 10 years) and replaced it with a business profile, also deleting the data for all my previous Chase QuickPay purchases and all QuickPay contacts. This could have been an egregious error on the part of the customer service rep who helped me out, but I ended up spending hours there, and ultimately had to sign up for a new Gmail account to link to my completely new Chase QuickPay account and a new separate Chase online profile. It has been a colossal headache. So, proceed with caution….

• Jeremy June 18, 2013, 6:05 pm

Agreed with SC. WOW at your balance of UR points!!! How on earth did you get that high of a balance? Lots of OD purchases prior to February 2013?

• Glenn June 18, 2013, 11:35 pm

Ditto. Since I actually prefer the Chase interface for personal cards I thought I’d try adding my business cards to that login. Nope. They are quite explicit this can’t be done. I presume it’s only doable if you add personal cards to your business profile, not vice-versa.

• TrAAveller June 19, 2013, 7:26 am

Thanks. Great tip! I called to have them merged on the phone with success. It seems my personal accounts still appear on my personal login and the combined (personal & business) now all appear under my business login.

BTW, impressive points balance. #jealous