This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
A reader inquired about how to meet the $45 spending threshold to get the free shipping on the 8x Chase Ultimate Rewards Staples deal for paper towels without having to buy so many paper towels. Here is another item for your checkout carts that I found works well with the paper towel deal. This way you won’t have to buy five 12-roll packs of paper towels but will still get the 8x points and some items you might have purchased everyday.
- Go through your Chase portal to get 3x Chase points
- Purchase Bounty Basic paper towels 12 pk which is on sale for only $6.99
- AND Charmin Basic Bath Tissue 16 pk which is also on sale for only $6.99
- Add your Staples rewards number to get 5% in rewards on your purchase
- Get free shipping when you spend $45 (BEFORE the discount) – see comments here for trick description
- The discount will automatically be taken at checkout
- Use your Chase Ink Bold® Business Card or the Ink Plus® Business Cardto get an additional 5x points at Staples
How To Get 8x Points For $0.436 Tissue Roll (30% discount)
- Navigate to your Chase Ultimate Rewards Portal and select Staples
- Search for Bounty Basic and Charmin Basic and your results should show the discounted rolls (see here for Charmin Basic Bath Tissue product – but use Chase Ultimate Rewards for more points)
The Bottom Line
Earning 8x points for everyday spend is a great way to pad your point balances. This is just one example of how to earn a few extra points for items you’d buy everyday. I don’t anticipate the first deal (paper towel deal) lasting very long, so if you are on the fence, you may want to make a decision quickly.
If you don’t already have the Chase Ink Bold® Business Card or the Ink Plus® Business Card consider the current offers which provided 50,000 points after meeting the minimum spend within 3 months of being a cardmember. The ability to earn 5x points at office supply stores for this deal, among deals at office supply stores, is a prime example of why I keep one of the Ink cards in my wallet at all times.
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. We always appreciate any support for Points, Miles & Martinis by using our affiliate links.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.