This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Hilton is offering double or triple points for their summer promotion. It is valid on participating hotels through September 30, 2013. The bonus amount depends on the day of the week. For weekend nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights) you’ll earn triple points while weekday nights you’ll earn double points.
Based on the promotion and the picture below, I don’t know whether to laugh or squawk at this promotion. Since Hilton Honors points are worth significantly less than they used to be worth, I like to earn other program’s points, like Starwood’s Starpoints. And this promotion isn’t enough of a bonus to sway my stays. However Hilton does have the advantage of having tons of properties around the world even in small cities. So if you find yourself in a small city, this may be a very useful promotion. As always, it is good practice to register just in case.
How To Earn Double Or Triple Points
- Register at HHonors.com/Triple
- Book your Hilton Honors stay and complete it within the promotional period
- Triple points are awarded on Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights between July 9, 2013 through September 30, 2013
- Double points are awarded from July 9, 2013 through September 30, 2013
- As always with Hilton, there is a long list of hotels that have chosen to not participate. You can see that list by clicking here.
Terms And Conditions
- The offer (“Triple Your Trip”) is valid for eligible stays completed between July 9 and September 30, 2013 (“Promotion Period”) at any participating hotel or resort in the Hilton HHonors portfolio (click here for hotels who have chosen to not participate)
- Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/Triple prior to check-out of your stay within the Promotion Period
- Registered HHonors members will receive the bonus only for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends.
- For the Triple Your Trip promotion, the Bonus Points you earn per night are calculated based on the average nightly folio of your total stay (average nightly folio is calculated by taking the total net folio of your stay divided by the total number of nights of the stay).
- Triple Your Trip “Double HHonors Points” are awarded for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights in your stay.
- Triple Your Trip “Triple HHonors Points” are awarded for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in your stay.
- “Double HHonors Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay.
- “Triple HHonors Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to double the number of Base Points earned during a stay.
- Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account.
- Offer is not transferable, is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers.
This promotion probably won’t sway my spend to Hilton. Instead I’ll consider alternative promotions during the week like Starwood’s Take Two, Marriott’s Mega Bonus or Hyatt’s 1,500 points in New York.
If you are staying at Hilton properties, don’t forget you can get free Hilton Gold status and two free weekend nights with the New Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card.
- Marriott Mega Bonus Is Back! – Free Nights Offer
- SPG’s Fall Promotion – SPG Take Two
- Earn Bonus 1,500 Hyatt Points This Summer In New York
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. We always appreciate any support for Points, Miles & Martinis by using our affiliate links.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.