This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
I have to admit it, I’m pretty excited about Delta’s recent news they will roll out new Business Elite seats starting in the spring of 2014 to their “transcon” service operated by 757 planes.
I’ve flown their existing 757, 767, 777 and A330 Business Elite products on domestic routes in the past. They are all good products, especially when upgraded to Business Elite from domestic coach class thanks in large part to earning Delta Platinum status the easy way through the Delta Reserve card or the Delta Platinum SkyMiles card.
But what really sets this Business Elite seat apart from the existing 757 Business Elite seat is the 180 flat bed.
Do you see the new
drink holders arm rests all decked out with new covering?
Business Elite Seats
- 16 seats in a 2 x 2 configuration
- Seats are staggered and slightly angled toward the windows to optimize privacy and personal space
- Seat width is 20.2” which can be increased to 22.2” with the armrest stowed
- 180º fully flat bed (average bed length of 76”)
- Electronic seat controls with adjustable lumbar support
- 110v AC in-seat power + USB power
- Adjustable personal LED reading light
- 16” Elite Integrated Smart Monitors in BusinessElite
- Onboard Wi-Fi for purchase
I’m excited about the addition of flat bed seats to the Delta transcon service operated by 757 planes. I have a feeling there is more to come on the transcon news front, and it might have to do with one of the biggest downsides to flying wide body jets on domestic routes…
- Delta flat-bed service to Hawaii with low award availability
- Delta Lie-Flat Domestic Routes 11/25 – Big Repositioning Day For 747, 767, 777
- Delta Secrets – Delta’s Domestic Flat-Bed Routes And Delta New York JFK To Los Angles 4x Daily Flat-Bed Business Elite Service For Summer
- Delta’s Domestic ex-New York Flat-Bed Routes
- Another Domestic Delta Lie-Flat Route For 767
- Two More Delta Flat Bed Routes – One Dedicated And Another On Limited Basis
- Another Domestic Delta Route With Flat-Bed Service On International Configured Plane
- Delta’s 757 Business Elite Seats – Holiday Traveling Isn’t So Bad
- Upgrade – Delta International Business Class On 767 Domestic Flight
- Delta’s Dedicated Routes With Lie Flat Business
- Delta 767 International Business Class Review On Domestic Route
- Delta 767 Old Style Business Seat And 777 Flight Tomorrow
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. We always appreciate any support for Points, Miles & Martinis by using our affiliate links.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.