This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
British Airways announced today that they will increase their service to the Lone Star state from two to three destinations. Beginning in March of 2014, British Airways will launch non-stop 787 flights from London Heathrow to Austin Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
Today British Airways announced it will launch a new service between Austin Bergstrom International Airport and London Heathrow beginning in March 2014. With this announcement, British Airways becomes the first airline to provide non-stop transatlantic service to Austin, TX. The airline will fly the 787 Dreamliner five days a week, increasing to daily flights later in the year.
Seats can be purchased starting today at BA.com. The new service will have three cabins, Club World (business), World Traveller Plus (premium economy) and World Traveller (economy). This marks British Airways’ third destination in Texas, with the airline also serving Houston and Dallas Fort Worth.
As London is among the top destinations for international travel from Austin and Austin is home to some of the most important global cultural events, the new route provides BA an important opportunity for business growth, particularly in the technology sector.
Due to the taxes and fees that British Airways Executive Club imposes on awards, I’m not sure this would be the most cost effective award to book. Generally, British Airways Avios points are best spent on short flights, where you can get a one-way ticket for only 4,500 points. But regardless, a non-stop flight is attractive, and I would consider this if the route made sense for my travel plans.
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room First Class Lounge
- OneWorld Miami Premium Lounge Video Walk Through
- American Airlines Miami Admirals Club Video Walk Through
- British Airways Concorde Room – How To Book A Private Cabana & Elemis Spa Appointment
- Is The Wing The Best OneWorld First Class Lounge?
- Martinis Down Under – The Qantas First Class Lounge Sydney
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room And British Airways 1A On A319
- Lunch In British Airways Concorde Room
- Easy way to find AA record locator when booking through BA.com
- British Airways 4,500 One-Way Award, Doubling Your Point Value, And Combining Accounts
- How To Reserve British Airways Seats On American Airlines Award Tickets For Free
- Trip To New York For 17k Miles With Three Airlines And A Bus
- Booking Cheap Awards With Must Have Airline Points For Serious Frequent Flyers
- British Airways Family Account – How To Establish And Use One
- British Airways Avios Bonus Offer – Great For Short And Long Haul Flights
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.