This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
American Express runs limited time promotions from time to time with Membership Rewards. Two current bonus offers give members the chance to increase the number of points they can transfer to travel partners by 20-30%. The two transfer bonuses being offered now are a British Airways 20% bonus on transfers and a Virgin Atlantic 30% bonus on transfers. These are both for a limited time, so consider these bonuses if you were thinking about transferring American Express Member Rewards points to one of these programs.
British Airways 20% Transfer Bonus
American Express normally transfers points to British Airways Executive Club at a 1:1 ratio. With this limited time promotion, members will receive 1.2 Avios points for every 1 American Express Membership Rewards points transferred.
British Airways Avios Points are best used for short haul flights. For example, members can redeem as little as 4,500 Avios Points for a one-way coach award. Along with this decent 20% transfer bonus, it is easy to get Avios Points with the British Airways Visa Signature® Card that offers a 50,000 signup bonus
after meeting minimum spending requirements. The transfer offer is valid through December 31, 2013.
Virgin Atlantic 30% Transfer Bonus
American Express normally transfers points to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club at a 1:1 ratio. With this limited time promotion, members will receive 1.3 Flying Club miles for every 1 American Express Membership Rewards points transferred. This offer is valid through November 30, 2013.
Virgin Atlantic rewards come with high taxes and fees, so consider that before transferring points to your Virgin Atlantic Flying Club account.
If you were considering transferring points into British Airways Executive Club Avios points or Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles, consider doing it during this promotional period.
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program
- British Airways – British Airways 4,500 One-Way Award, Doubling Your Point Value, And Combining Accounts British Airways
- Great value from Avios points with short and long haul flights British Airways
- How to establish a family account to pool miles for award tickets British Airways
- Earn tons of Avios points for free domestic coach tickets with Marriott stays British Airways
- Redeem Avios points for domestic coach tickets for as little as 4,500 points British Airways
- Book Cheap Awards With Must Have Airline Points For Serious Frequent Flyers
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. We appreciate any support for Points, Miles & Martinis by using our affiliate links.