This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
To take part in this offer, you must book now through November 19, 2013 for travel from January 13 – March 11, 2014. These are valid from the United States to Europe. You are able to book open-jaw awards through this offer.
For an example, I was able to price and book an award from Newark to Paris for 48,000 miles and 90.40 in taxes and fees, which normally would of cost 60,000 miles.
For comparison though, US Airways offers their off-peak awards to Europe from January 15 – February 28, which are available for 35,000 miles round-trip in economy, so make sure to do your homework first.
Terms and Conditions:
- Saver Awards discount valid only for air travel. Promotion period ends 11:59 p.m. (CT) on November 19, 2013.
- Offer is valid for travel completed between January 13, 2014, and March 11, 2014.
- Discount on Saver Awards to Europe is valid only for travel on United- and United Express®-operated flights and is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Discounted Saver Award is valid only for travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada, and Europe.
- Discount is valid only for roundtrip travel in United Economy.
- For this offer, a roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on flights operated by United or United Express. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
- Tickets must be purchased at least 21 days in advance to qualify for this discount.
- Open jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the Saver Award discount to Europe (e.g., fly into Chicago O’Hare and out of New York/Newark).
- This offer cannot be applied to previously issued tickets.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government-imposed taxes and fees.
- Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- Not combinable with other offers.
If you planning to head to Europe in the beginning of next year, this is a great way to do so, while saving 12,000 miles.
If you’re looking to get more United miles, as a reminder Chase Ultimate Rewards is a 1:1 transfer partner to United.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.