This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Earlier this month, Delta announced that drastically increasing their membership fees and slashing guest access for all credit cardholders and individual SkyClub members.
When they made this announcement, they didn’t announce any new enhancements to justify the new fees. While today, they did announce that they are testing new food options, and some new added amenities.
Delta writes on their blog:
At the Delta Sky Club, we are continuing to invest in improving your experience. We’re pleased to announce the launch of our new test offering a fresh menu of complimentary food, a variety of new beverages and exciting complimentary services in 10 Clubs across the country between mid February and late April.
Test products and services include:
• More food options, including pancakes and upgraded bagels for breakfast, sandwiches and hot soups mid-day, and hors d’oeuvres, antipasti and dessert choices in the evening.
• Nourishing snack choices, including energy bars, fresh fruit, popcorn, nuts and smoothies.
• Select complimentary services, including shoe shines, manicures and relaxing chair massages — perfect for a busy day of travel.
In addition, based on your feedback, we will immediately upgrade the current complimentary vodka offered across all Clubs to Finlandia Vodka.
• Atlanta A17 and Concourse F
• Detroit Central
• LaGuardia Terminal D
• Los Angeles
• Miami, Indianapolis, Raleigh-Durham and Dallas-Fort Worth Clubs will participate in a smaller-scale program
To determine which products and services will roll out to clubs across the system, Delta will use a variety of survey and research tools including direct feedback from Club customers gathered via comment cards, online surveys and in-Club interviews. The items that receive the most positive customer reviews will be included as part of a product investment upgrade in Clubs this summer.
While the new devaluation of slashing guest access and increasing membership fees sucks, at least this time around Delta plans to add some new options.
If you happen to be in any of the test locations, let us know which new options are your favorite.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.