This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
This likely won’t last very long, but there is an opportunity to save 15,000 miles on the new American Airlines transcontinental A321 plane with Flat-Bed First Class seats by simply booking with US Airways miles.
Earlier today we shared that members of both programs, American Airlines AAdvantage and US Airways Dividend Miles can now book award tickets on flights operated by either American Airlines or US Airways. We also shared how you can reserve US Airways seats on an award ticket booked with American Airlines miles.
Now we’ll share how you can save 15,000 miles on the new transcontinental A321 American Airlines plane with Flat-Bed First Class by simply booking with US Airways.
How To Save 15,000 Miles
Step 1: Search For Award Flights On US Airways
Navigate to US Airways and search for your desired award flight dates. Make sure you select “flexible dates” so you can see the award calendar.
Step 2: View Availability
I’m seeing exceptional availability in First Class on American Airlines new A321 operated flights. If there is a question, refer to the plane type on the flight and make sure it is listed on AA’s website as a 32B aircraft type. This is the new plane type for American’s Transcontinental flight.
Step 3: Confirm Cabin
The cabin should state “First”. You can view this by selecting the flight number to the left side of the screen. It will book into Z class, which is the same class that American Airlines books into for the First Class seat on this plane.
Step 4: Book & Compare Savings
American Airlines requires 65,000 AAdvantage miles plus $5 in taxes for this flight while US Airways only requires 50,000 Dividend Miles plus $30 in taxes and booking fees for the same flight. The 15,000 mile savings is definitely worth the extra $25 in taxes and booking fees. Both flights are booking into Z class in First Class.
The new Transcontinental American Airlines A321 planes with Flat-Bed First Class seats start flying today. Now that US Airways members can redeem their miles for American Airlines operated flights, they can save 15,000 miles on a round-trip First Class flight in these new Flat-Bed seats.
If you are looking for American Airlines AAdvantage miles or US Airways Dividend Miles for an award ticket, consider either the US Airways Premier World MasterCard and the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World Signature® Card. Or you could consider getting both like me and a lot of others while both of the cards and both of the sign-up bonuses are still around.
- What The American Airlines Merger With US Airways Means To Me
- Members Can Now Book US Airways Or American Airlines Flights With Your US Airways Dividend Miles or AAdvantage Miles
- How To Reserve Seat On US Airways With American Airlines Booking
- American’s New Transcontinental A321′s Begin To Take Flight
- A Delta Flyer’s Observations In An American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge
- American Airlines Godsend – Biscoff Cookies Served In Flight!
- American Airlines Miami Admirals Club Video Walk Through
- American Airlines Upgrades Admirals Club Lounge Snacks
- American Airlines Boarding Gets Faster For Some Passengers With No Overhead Luggage
- US Airways Last To The Party? New Portable Electronic Policy–Updates About US Airways Electronics In Flight
- Earn 3,000 US Airways Miles With New Rocketmiles Accounts
- American Airlines Miami Treasure Hunt
- How To Reserve British Airways Seats On American Airlines Award Tickets For Free
- British Airways Concorde Room – How To Book A Private Cabana & Elemis Spa Appointment
- British Airways “First” Impressions
- British Airways 4,500 One-Way Award, Doubling Your Point Value, And Combining Accounts
- Lunch In British Airways Concorde Room
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room First Class Lounge
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room And British Airways 1A On A319