This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Delta announced today that they will expanding their Seattle service by adding four additional nonstop cities. The new cities will be Palm Springs, Phoenix, Tucson, and Jackson Hole which will begin later this year.
Delta’s new Seattle service beginning Dec. 20, 2014 includes:
- Five daily flights to Phoenix
- One daily seasonal flight to Palm Springs, Calif.
- Saturday seasonal service to Tucson, Ariz.
- Saturday seasonal service to Jackson Hole, Wyo.
- One additional nonstop flight to Honolulu for a total of two daily flights
Expanded seasonal service beginning in September includes:
- One new daily nonstop flight to Anchorage, Alaska for a total of two daily flights in September and three daily flights during the summer
Delta’s new service to Phoenix, Palm Springs and Tucson will be operated by Delta Connection carrier SkyWest Airlines using two-class, 76-seat aircraft, while Jackson Hole service will be operated with two-class, 65-seat aircraft.
The expanded Honolulu and Anchorage service will be operated by Delta using Boeing 757 and Boeing 737 aircraft, respectively.
Delta is really trying to compete against Alaska Airlines and this is just another example by adding service to many of these cities which Alaska currently serves.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.