This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
I was passing through Atlanta today on my way back to New York, and had about 45 minutes to spare, so decided I would head to the Delta SkyClub at A17 which is one of the locations that is testing the new added amenities and food that Delta announced.
Test products and services include:
• More food options, including pancakes and upgraded bagels for breakfast, sandwiches and hot soups mid-day, and hors d’oeuvres, antipasti and dessert choices in the evening.
• Nourishing snack choices, including energy bars, fresh fruit, popcorn, nuts and smoothies.
• Select complimentary services, including shoe shines, manicures and relaxing chair massages — perfect for a busy day of travel.
I was there this evening from about 4:30-5:15pm. When I first arrived they had large bowls of popcorn which you could put in individual bags.
However, by the time I got to it, it seemed almost empty so this must be a popular new choice.
They also had chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies. I know they have chocolate chip cookies normally but I don’t recall if they’ve had oatmeal raisin ones in the past.
Next up were some chocolate chip Clif Bars which I had.
Then at 5pm, the “appetizers” were brought out. They had red peppers as well as mushrooms.
In addition, there was hot soup and tonight’s selection was a choice of either tomato basil or chicken with rice.
Lastly, at the check-in desk there were dark chocolate caramel candies.
As a reminder the test locations are:
• Atlanta A17 and Concourse F
• Detroit Central
• LaGuardia Terminal D
• Los Angeles
• Miami, Indianapolis, Raleigh-Durham and Dallas-Fort Worth Clubs will participate in a smaller-scale program
Has anyone else been to a test SkyClub location and experienced the food options? I asked about the sandwiches but were only during lunch.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.