This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Yesterday I tweeted how I hit the jackpot when I opened my mailbox. A 150,000 bonus point offer doesn’t come around very often, so when it does, I get a little excited. The offer is for a limited time, only through April 19, 2014, and is a targeted offer. Even though the American Express Platinum cards have lost lounge benefits recently, I’m still seriously considering going after this card offer. This offer ended.
Limited Time (Targeted) Offer valid through April 19, 2014. This offer ended
- Earn up to 150,000 Membership Rewards points This offer ended
- Earn 100,000 points after spending $10,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months of card membership – This offer ended
- Earn additional 50,000 points after spending another $10,000 on eligible purchases in the same period – This offer ended
In order to use this promotion, each targeted offer recipient is given a unique invitation code that can only be used one time. Then there is another code which may reference the type of offer which is AVIV:0002, but that isn’t usable unless you have the unique invitation code.
While the 150,000 Membership Reward bonus is a huge number, the extra 50,000 isn’t as attractive as the first 100,000 points. Spending $10,000 in the first 3 months is a feat in and of itself, let along another $10,000 in spending. One approach is to go for the first 100,000 points and then play the additional 50,000 point requirement by ear.
Regardless, this is a great offer and I’m thrilled to have received it in the mail yesterday. Have you received a targeted offer lately?
If you haven’t, be sure to check out my post on how to increase your chances of receiving a targeted offer from American Express by clicking this link here.
- How To Increase Chances For Targeted American Express Offers
- Free Hilton Gold Status for Cardholders
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program
- New American Express Platinum Card Benefits Announced
- New Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN Offer Announced
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.