This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Delta is adding new service from New York’s (JFK) to Honolulu (HNL) for about three weeks starting December 18, 2014. This new non-stop service will be offered on their Boeing 767-300ER aircraft which has 36 seats in BusinessElite, 32 seats in Economy Comfort, and 143 seats in Economy.
The flight will leave New York at 8:45am arriving into Honolulu at 3:43 in the afternoon, with the return leaving Honolulu at 5:15pm arriving around 8:00am back to New York.
When it comes to award pricing, it’s pretty slim at this point, but I was able to find only one seat at a low level price for 90,000 miles round-trip for BusinessElite, though keep in mind the meal service will most likely be just regular first class food.
If you are a Medallion and are hoping for an upgrade, a reminder that Delta only offers complimentary upgrades from the west coast to Hawaii so these routes would not apply.
Other options from the New York area to Hawaii include on Hawaiian Airlines from JFK to HNL, as well as United from EWR to HNL. Delta might be testing the waters here with this route and if it does well, perhaps we will see seasonal service to Hawaii from New York.
Hat Tip: Rob
- Hotel Review: Andaz Maui at Wailea
- Hotel Review: Sheraton Waikiki
- Flight Review: Hawaiian Airlines 717 Maui-Honolulu
- How To Save 5% Off All Hawaiian Airlines Flights to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines Launches New Airline: ‘Ohana
- Hawaiian Airlines Launches Extra Comfort Premium Economy Product
- South Shore Kauai Surf, Sand And Pool At Grand Hyatt Resort & Spa
- Feast At Lele Lua On Maui In Lahaina
- Ritz Carlton Kapalua–Maui, Hawaii
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.