This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Here’s a quick reminder that the US Airways and American Airlines integration hasn’t fully completed, but at the same time, you can earn more points and miles with just a few steps.
Most know that you can book awards on American Airlines flights with US Airways miles and also book US Airways flights with American Airlines miles. So in a sense, it doesn’t really matter where you credit your miles because they’ll eventually end up in the same place.
But if you aren’t crediting your US Airways flights to your AA Business Extra account, you’ll miss out on some bonus points.
Earn AA Business Extra Points With US Airways Flights
Members can earn AA Business Extra points when flying US Airways as long as the flight is ticketed by American Airlines.
Beginning February 1, 2014, Business Extra customers are eligible to earn base points on US Airways flights ticketed by American Airlines.* The combined global network gives you access to nearly 6,700 daily flights to more than 330 destinations. You also now have increased access to convenient shuttle options with hourly departures from Boston Logan (BOS), Washington Reagan (DCA) and New York LaGuardia (LGA).
As long as you book a US Airways flight ticketed by American Airlines after February 1, 2014, you can credit the flight to your small Business Extra account.
- Up To 5,000 Bonus Miles On Travel Purchases With US Airways Card (Targeted Offer)
- Members Can Now Book US Airways Or American Airlines Flights With Your US Airways Dividend Miles or AAdvantage Miles
- How To Reserve Seat On US Airways With American Airlines Booking
- Save 15,000 Miles Flying American’s New First Class Flat-Bed By Booking With US Airways Dividend Miles
- A Delta Flyer’s Observations In An American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge
- American Airlines Godsend – Biscoff Cookies Served In Flight!
- American Airlines Miami Admirals Club Video Walk Through
- American Airlines Upgrades Admirals Club Lounge Snacks
- American Airlines Boarding Gets Faster For Some Passengers With No Overhead Luggage
- US Airways Last To The Party? New Portable Electronic Policy–Updates About US Airways Electronics In Flight
- Earn 3,000 US Airways Miles With New Rocketmiles Accounts
- American Airlines Miami Treasure Hunt
- How To Reserve British Airways Seats On American Airlines Award Tickets For Free
- British Airways Concorde Room – How To Book A Private Cabana & Elemis Spa Appointment
- British Airways “First” Impressions
- British Airways 4,500 One-Way Award, Doubling Your Point Value, And Combining Accounts
- Lunch In British Airways Concorde Room
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room First Class Lounge
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room And British Airways 1A On A319
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.