This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
Virgin Australia is now offering members the opportunity to upgrade to Business Class on their saver fares.
How To Upgrade
- Upgrades from Saver fares can only be requested by contacting the Membership Contact Centre on 13 18 75 from the time of booking up to 3 hours prior to departure
- Upgrades are subject to availability
- 0 – 600 Miles requires 10,000 points
- 601 – 1,200 Miles requires 17,500 points
- 1,201 – 2,400 Miles requires 30,000 points
- 2,401 – 3,600 Miles requires 35,000 points
Terms And Conditions
On Virgin Australia Domestic, all members with confirmed reservations in the Economy Cabin booked in Saver fare types (T, Q, V, N or E classes) can upgrade to Business Class with Points. All upgrades are subject to availability. Flights must be marketed and operated by Virgin Australia, and issued on Virgin Australia ticket stock (featuring a ticket number beginning with “795.”). UpgradeMe Points from Saver fares can only be requested from the Membership Contact Centre from time of booking until 3 hours before flight departure, and cannot be requested at the Virgin Australia lounge.
If you cancel a confirmed Upgrade within 24 hours of scheduled departure, or if you fail to board a flight for which an Upgrade has been confirmed (no-show), you will forfeit the Upgrade and any Points or Complimentary Fare Upgrade used to redeem the Upgrade.
Virgin Australia members can now upgrade to Business Class on saver fares. This can add value to those purchasing cheap fares and looking to upgrade.